Menu

Podcasts?

I've got a long tedious sewing project. A few of them actually.

What podcasts do you like?

Cat

BBC Women's Hour. Lots of different topics, so if you don't like one you can skip to the next.

BBC Excess Baggage. A travel show - basically they interview people who have written travel books or otherwise done pretty serious trips. Not tourist-type travel guides, but rather memoir type books or books about the history of a particular place, or trips like traveling across Britain on ancient Roman paths or what-have-you. I'm not explaining this well, but it's a good show.

The Archers. Longest-running current soap opera in the world. Life in a small English farming village. Very peaceful and low-stress. NOT like American soaps - the drama is quite gentle. They even go to church and sing hymns every now and again.

Rick Steves - Tourist stuff. Not as polished as the BBC, but that's OK.

This American Life. Very hipster; it may or may not be to your taste.

BBC Gardener's Question Time. Amusing.

CBC Radio's The North This Week. Stories from remote northern Canada. A fascinating glimpse into life in this very cold, very remote area. A lot of Inuit cultural content.

CBC French Word of the Week. A short podcast featuring one word in French, and the various contexts in which it's used.

BBC Farming Today. Short, but interesting look at various current issues around food, farming, and country life in the UK.

CBC White Coat, Black Art. Various issues regarding medical care, from the perspective of a Canadian doctor. Interesting glimpse into the Canadian health care system.

BBC Thinking Aloud. Interviews of guests who have written papers/articles on various sociology topics.

I listen to knitting podcasts:

Stash and Burn - a coupleof gals from San Francisco

Sticks and String - a man in Australia; includes music, book reviews, knitting related essay

Yarn Craft - from Lion Brand yarn co.

Never Not Knitting - a woman who designs knitwear

I listen to knitting podcasts:

Stash and Burn - a coupleof gals from San Francisco

Sticks and String - a man in Australia; includes music, book reviews, knitting related essay

Yarn Craft - from Lion Brand yarn co.

Never Not Knitting - a woman who designs knitwear

And a couple more great knitting ones (if you're into knitting, of course):

Electric Sheep- about half and half knitting and editorial essay

Knit Wits- husband and wife (homeschooling!) duo that's great for a laugh

And a couple more great knitting ones (if you're into knitting, of course):

Electric Sheep- about half and half knitting and editorial essay

Knit Wits- husband and wife (homeschooling!) duo that's great for a laugh

Thanks for these recommendations. I like to try new ones but there are so many!

I listened to this today. I was literally laughing out loud! :lol:

I've learned so much just today. This sewing project is turning into a good thing!

Cat

I'm glad you enjoyed it! I frequently listen on my way home from town, but my drive isn't quite long enough to finish it. I have to wait in the car and finish because I can't go walking in the house, laughing out loud at my ipod. My family would think I'm nuts, and they'd ruin the whole thing!