Menu

Sigh of relief, Mom's new prognosis

Everything had looked a bit bleak a few months ago when Mom's cancer returned. This is her second battle with breast cancer in three years and the internet says that her prognosis would be terrible (single digit percentage of survival).

We fought through a mess at Mom's first doctor, who refused to believe anything Mom said or look into any of her aches and pains, but that lead us to Mom's new doctor (praise God).

The new doctor is WONDERFUL! He listens to Mom, but he does not jump to conclusions. He orders tests, but REMEMBERS that excessive amounts of radiation are not good and so he spaces the tests out. He started Mom on a bone health medication, he's upped her vitamin D and C intakes, he's open minded to NONchemical treatments. He really is the cat's pajamas, we love him.

Now, because he does not jump to conclusions, he has not commented on Mom's last doctor's prognosis (get your stuff in order, this could be your last Christmas &tc). Instead, he has radiated the tumors and kept mum. Last week, he dropped a bomb shell on us......................

We can stop worrying now.

Mom has years and years and years ahead of her. She's healthy, she's doing well, and barring any accidents (like in a car) she can look forward to a long life. He told her the planning she needed to do was for her grandchildren's various graduation parties.

:party:

Thank you all for your prayers and support :D

God is GOOD!

Everything had looked a bit bleak a few months ago when Mom's cancer returned. This is her second battle with breast cancer in three years and the internet says that her prognosis would be terrible (single digit percentage of survival).

We fought through a mess at Mom's first doctor, who refused to believe anything Mom said or look into any of her aches and pains, but that lead us to Mom's new doctor (praise God).

The new doctor is WONDERFUL! He listens to Mom, but he does not jump to conclusions. He orders tests, but REMEMBERS that excessive amounts of radiation are not good and so he spaces the tests out. He started Mom on a bone health medication, he's upped her vitamin D and C intakes, he's open minded to NONchemical treatments. He really is the cat's pajamas, we love him.

Now, because he does not jump to conclusions, he has not commented on Mom's last doctor's prognosis (get your stuff in order, this could be your last Christmas &tc). Instead, he has radiated the tumors and kept mum. Last week, he dropped a bomb shell on us......................

We can stop worrying now.

Mom has years and years and years ahead of her. She's healthy, she's doing well, and barring any accidents (like in a car) she can look forward to a long life. He told her the planning she needed to do was for her grandchildren's various graduation parties.

:party:

Thank you all for your prayers and support :D

God is GOOD!

Oh my gosh! I am so so happy for her and you!! :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: This brings tears to my eyes. My mom had breast cancer two years ago and I know how frightening it was when we were so uncertain about everything.

UGH! I don't think I can even comment on your mom's first doc without cussing so suffice it to say that I'm SO GLAD that you found that new doc. What wonderful news. :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

:party: :party: :party:

I am sitting here with tears in my eyes after reading your post. I know what it's like to hear scary news and to feel that things are hopeless, and I also know what it's like to have that weight lifted from your heart when you find out things are going to be ok.

I am so happy for you and your family!

Cat