Menu

Did anyone else get an extended vacation?

creekland

My guy phoned home yesterday. Seems Georgia was still in quite the mess from the ice and snow (he estimated 8 inches of snow where he was) and classes were canceled for the whole week (will now start Monday instead of last Tuesday).

He was thoroughly enjoying himself and talked of snowballs, Settlers of Catan, sledding, and general fun. I joked with him about it being day care instead of college!

He said the college had worked 4 snow days into the schedule. Now they've used all 4 right at the beginning of the semester. I wonder what happens if they get any more?

Hi! We got the snow days too because we were trapped on Lookout Mountain!:)

We had spent the weekend in Atlanta, having some fun and visiting my ds's alma mater (GA Tech). When we got to Cov. on Sunday night, we planned on heading home monday morning. We woke up to about a foot of snow! It was so beautiful, but very icy. it was fun for the first day, but we really needed to get home. We left Tues afternoon and the road down the mtn. was fine. It really was just around the college that was so bad.

The food service was not the greatest since they couldn't get any deliveries. They also had very few workers. But, they also insisted we not pay for anything! That was a nice blessing.

I know my ds was a little disappointed that the whole week got cancelled, but he did have some fun. I know he is glad to be back to classes. He woke up on Monday with a bad head cold unfortuanetly.

This first year sure is going fast.

Karen

That sounds like quite the story to tell in the future (plus fun to experience)!

My guy was more than happy to start classes Monday and likes them all (so far) this semester. I think he was getting a wee bit on the bored side, but his job keeps him busy too.

I can only imagine what the food was like. :D :grouphug: :D

• 1 month later...
Hidden

Ami Luogang Street home in the second ground of a brick house. Here' date=' the correspondent penetrated a closed gate of the house there was burned at the scene Tory Burch Sandals, even the dome tiles have fallen almost a third of the beds look messy. The neighborhood that it namely a 55-year-old Amy and her 80-year-old mother's home, did no expect a sudden at 3 pm the day ahead yesterday underwent a bombard. When the fire began tory burch bag, Amis does not appear to be inside the house mom was burned alive for of blind. Soon, he saw the tragic story of his mommy severely, Ami was crying very melancholy. farmer drink about 250 ml of pesticide finally divorce behind two years of isolation (Reporter Hooley) 7:43 yesterday tory burch sale, 55-year-old Ami (a pseudonym) Luogang District, Guangzhou City, community councils reva ballet flats, the obligation chamber Luogang Street, nectar some pesticide suicide, but fortunately in time for salvage rescued. The day before yesterday afternoon, her 80-year-old mother died suddenly encountered a fire, her Police are involved in the inquiry. Ami matrimony, unfortunately, a week before the May decision by the tribunal for divorce. Judgments that Ami and her husband separated for a entire 2 annuals, the two relatively keen contradictions. After the divorce, 10-year-old daughter, Ami gifted custody of her husband to pay 200 yuan per month alimony. Luogang responsible for avenue human too said they would attempt to help Ami return to natural life. charge of the funeral commerce, a regional male said that they assist the old lady's funeral when cooking tory burch bags, Ami did not Take a cent. They listened, Amy and mother of 2 million in money, was broke along fire, yet for more than 60 residents of beside self-extinguishing tory burch slippers, the fire will result in greater losses. mother burned to decease by fire the day before yesterday reporters yesterday afternoon, Chinese medication hospital in intensive concern and see Luogang District, Ami's mouth and snout are stuck in a fodder, his thighs twitching at times, respiratory more laborious. The medic said, notwithstanding the toxicity of pesticide May not drink, but the volume is colossal, with about 200 to 250 milliliters. Ami from the crisis room to intensive reconnaissance room, the signs of fairly settled, is sensibility restless. relatede article: feeling a little better note to play a few more Girl edge edge care for sick father reading with their college years (Figure) Yichun crash Watch Men broke down the door to let others go first life-saving Copyright: anyone who reproduced for any purpose this stuff, please indicate the source of the article and the author indicated. Otherwise, the article's author may find your trouble.