Menu

Done with VT!!

Maybe I shouldn't post this in light of the other thread about sensitivity, but I am so proud of ds for graduating from VT yesterday!!

It took us 18 months, but his tracking is so much better the docs said we can now focus just on OT and do maintenance checks on his eyes every few months.

I'm so proud of all the hard work ds has put in to get here and I just wanted to share with some people who know how tough and time consuming the journey of VT can be and to encourage others that there is light at the end of the tunnel!!

Onwards and upwards to new challenges!!:party:

It is indeed hard work, both for the child and for the parent who has to impose homework exercises and do all the driving! Eighteen months is a long haul indeed. So congratulations to you both!!!

Congratulations!!!!!! Have you tried out any of his new skills using puzzles, logic games, etc.? That's what I'm doing with my dd now, making it a regular part of her day. Puzzles, Wedgits, any of the logic games like Set, Rush Hour, Chocolate Fix, Serpentiles, etc. are good. I'm just going to keep going with it. My dd missed a whole aspect of her development there and shied away from all those things because she didn't have the visual skills to do them. Now that she does, we are! Ok, maybe that sounds silly. Maybe you're doing it already.

In any case, congrats! I definiteyl know what a feeling of relief it is. :)

Congratulations!!!!!! Have you tried out any of his new skills using puzzles, logic games, etc.? That's what I'm doing with my dd now, making it a regular part of her day. Puzzles, Wedgits, any of the logic games like Set, Rush Hour, Chocolate Fix, Serpentiles, etc. are good. I'm just going to keep going with it. My dd missed a whole aspect of her development there and shied away from all those things because she didn't have the visual skills to do them. Now that she does, we are! Ok, maybe that sounds silly. Maybe you're doing it already.

In any case, congrats! I definiteyl know what a feeling of relief it is. :)

Thanks! We've been doing puzzles all along both as part of therapy and for fun - things like mazes, Wedgits, Rush hour, etc. (and we did Set this morning which ds loved and did not seem to struggle with) but ds only really had a problem with eyes jumping while tracking and not so much with convergence or depth perception so I don't think puzzles were quite as hard for him as they may be for some kids. Hope you are next to complete the VT!