Menu

Bible Curriculum

miracleone

Hello, I would like to start a Bible Study curriculum with my dd8. I want something that will teach good behavior, good values and include parables. I also hope it's not a lesson that will take all day to do but is interesting for a girl. It can also be a Mother/daughter type study or just for a young girl. Is there such a thing? Thank you.

I just bought these for my 8 yr old boy and 10 yr old girl to do with me together. I couldn't decide which one to work on - so I went ahead and bought both. I haven't used them yet but you can look at the samples and I like that the children have to open their Bible, look up the passage and write things down instead of just stories or a little Bible verse or two.

Choosing Kindness

Choosing Obedience

We are going to give this a go. Some of it I will skip, but it has hands-on activities, Bible reading selections, book suggestions, and lots more. I haven't used it, but hoping it will fit us. You could probably focus on a character attribute every week, but we're hoping to stretch it out to 2 or 3 weeks. It looks like a lot of material, so hopefully doable. I have to schedule it out still.

http://www.kidsofintegrity.com/acceptance

At this age you can get away with just reading good story Bibles, narration, and informal discussion :). That's what we are doing. I think anything else would be overkill (for us, not necessarily another family) until late elementary. My DH also randomly reads scripture to the children and asks 'trivia' type comprehension questions in accordance with their understanding levels - my oldest loves that!