Menu

Independent math (with or without brief explanation)

Wee Pip

Math Mammoth for mastery type (with regular review built into the sections plus extra chapter 1-x reviews in the folder that has the tests and such)

CLE Math for spiral type

:iagree: I have kids using one or the other of these. It makes my job easier, but I still check in with each kid to make sure they understand. TT was a flop here (not meaty enough and dd didn't like it after a month). TT had great customer service when I returned it, though. :)

I second Rod and Staff. For 3rd grade and up, the text is very self-explanatory and only takes me a couple of minutes a day to make sure dd is on track. The teacher's book does contain extra drill and teaching material, but we have never needed it so far (dd is currently in 4th).

Take care,

Suzanne

MM fits the bill for us here. The younger kids I explain almost everything to, but it doesn't take long. Teaching is right on the student page. My older ds10 does his pretty independently. He puts ?s by anything he doesn't understand and I go over that when he works with me. If the entire lesson is something he doesn't understand I teach it to him. This doesn't happen very often.