Menu

MFW: Can you skip a year?

Presently, we are doing MFW: 9th grade, Ancients, but with a 10th grader......Had planned on doing the 10th grade year next year but wondering if we could skip a year and bump her up to the 11th grade year. A lot of the books in the 10th grade year, she has already read. Not that she couldn't read them again.

But just wondering if you HAVE to do these years in order....

Just thinking...and planning .....

Blessings,

Brenda:001_smile:

Presently, we are doing MFW: 9th grade, Ancients, but with a 10th grader......Had planned on doing the 10th grade year next year but wondering if we could skip a year and bump her up to the 11th grade year. A lot of the books in the 10th grade year, she has already read. Not that she couldn't read them again.

But just wondering if you HAVE to do these years in order....

Just thinking...and planning .....

Blessings,

I'm pretty sure that it would be fine to move ahead with an 11th grader. Your student will have the advantage of being familiar with how MFW is set up, the writing skills should be on board, and the maturity would be there.

The only thing I'd be sad about is the complete New Testament. Id be trying to fit that in somewhere :)

Julie

Hi Brenda,

It'll probably be ok. You might want to take a look over everything at mid south convention in a few weeks (you are attending, right?). The planned MFW speaker is one of their main high school consultants. So ask Bret at the booth if there are small things to make sure are in place, or if another route meets the goal a little bit better to do the last 2 years or something. But it couldn't hurt to get his (Bret's) opinion on it. I know his son started homeschooling in middle of 10th grade and they got creative to get as much of MFW done as possible.

-crystal

This really helped. Still praying and thinking about next year. At the very least, we still want to do the New Testament Challenge with her. I think the Bible portion of MFW has been one of the BEST things about the program. She is growing in wisdom and maturity that my son did not.

And YES, Crystal, you KNOW I'm going to be at conference!!!;)

Hope to give you a great big hug, girl!

Blessings,

And YES, Crystal, you KNOW I'm going to be at conference!!!;)

Hope to give you a great big hug, girl!

Blessings,

I'll need a HUG or two. ;)

with the size of this conference, I'll probably get scared and run and hide in a parking lot.

you'll find me curled in a corner hiding or something......

-crystal