Menu

If you don't drink coffee,

Aside from religious reasons, I don't like the taste or smell, I don't want to get addicted to anything, caffeine triggers migraines, and I generally avoid drinking my calories. I will enjoy an occasional cup of hot chocolate after being outside on a cold day. I prefer to drink water. :)

:iagree:

I've never been able to stand the smell or taste of coffee. Even if I wasn't LDS, I wouldn't drink it.

:iagree::iagree:

If I can't avoid it altogether then I rush through the coffee aisle at the grocery store. In the produce section one day I popped what I thought was a yogurt covered raisin sample in my mouth. I about spewed, literally, right there on the floor. Yup, it was a yogurt covered coffee bean. I ran immediately to the restroom and had to wash my mouth out with soap to get the taste out. The nasty industrial strength soap tasted better than the coffee bean. Ugh. No thanks!

Of course, my kids were with me and thought it was the funniest thing they'd ever seen!:tongue_smilie:

I can't stand the taste of it. Even just the smell of coffee brewing or the smell of coffee on someone who has been drinking it makes me nauseous.

:iagree:

And the next question is "Do you drink tea?"

Nope.

"Hot chocolate?"

Very rarely.

I've found that warm/hot drinks make me feel yucky. My stomach just doesn't like the heat.

Because I find the smell so completely nauseating that I can't imagine actually putting the substance in my mouth. I have to avoid an entire wing in the mall because the coffee store smells so bad, I feel sick walking anywhere near it. I really don't know why anyone WOULD drink it. :)

I love coffee. I love the way it smells and tastes and just about everything about it. :lol: But I had to give it up due to my acid reflux issues. When we were first starting out homeschooling I used to drink a pot of coffee myself before lunch. I remember cold Pennsylvania winters when it was the only thing that got me awake and off the couch in the morning. We now live in FL and I have switched to a small glass of iced tea in the mornings. My dad stops in at work and brings me a take out coffee occasionally. I happily accept it, take a few sips and pour it out. I really appreciate his effort and the few sips every now and then won't kill me. :001_smile: I can still drink a mocha frappachino from time to time. I guess the sugar and whipped cream replace some of the acid?

The caffeine kills me. I never got into the habit because the first time I drank it I got a killer headache and an awful case of the jitters.

Everything gives me a headache - black tea, green tea, herbal teas of all kinds and wine.

Basically it's either water or Tequila. (LOL. Not very much Tequila, either.)

I am breastfeeding and I can either have fifteen cokes or three cups of coffee.

:lol:

Something like that. I don't drink coffee so I can have a few cokes or maybe six cups of tea. I don't have to worry about my caffiene intake as much since I am not drinking coffee. (I like excess caffiene)

Ds is starting to eat more and more food and I just got a new coffee maker for Christmas so I am planning on starting back up again.

I generally like one cup of coffee and then a ton of tea.

Edited by Sis

I can't stand the bitterness and after-taste, it disrupts my digestive system and makes me terribly jittery.

The smell is OK, and I can "enjoy" a cup in social settings as long as there is plenty of cream and sugar added, but I wouldn't chose to drink it myself.

I actually like most coffee-flavored treats, such as candies and ice cream (probably because plenty of cream and sugar are added ;)!)

In college, I had an early class and was yawning while waiting for the lecture to begin. Someone commented that I must not have had my coffee yet :001_huh:. I replied, "No, it's just early." I never understood how people find it normal to need a stimulant in order to do something as natural as waking up and starting the day. Just not a club I ever wanted to belong to.

I like the smell, but don't like the taste. It also gives me palpitations and makes me feel like I'm going to jump out of my skin.

I drank 2 cups every morning for a few years, but then developed an extreme sensitivity to caffeine. It gives me palpitations and makes me feel like I'm going to jump out of my skin. I can't even drink decaf tea because it still has a little caffeine. Also, chocolate.:glare: That's very unfair to any woman! Now I drink Teeccino.

Edited by 1GirlTwinBoys

I don't like the taste.

I used to drink a lot of Coke/Pepsi for the caffeine...but as I get older I find that the caffeine makes me feel horrible.... so I rarely do Sodas anymore either.

Now my drink of choice is Crystal Light Peach Tea....it has a trace of caffeine, but nothing like coke or coffee.

I can't stand the taste of it. Even just the smell of coffee brewing or the smell of coffee on someone who has been drinking it makes me nauseous. Fortunately, my DH doesn't drink coffee because I honestly don't know if I could have married a coffee drinker.

I love Starbucks hot chocolate though... :)

Exactly!!! Down to the choice of a husband who hates coffee too:D

Because its against my religion.

LOL, no really it is. ;)

I was a coffee drinker - some days I'd have as much as 4-6 cups a day, but usually it was at least 1-2 cups every day...without fail.

When I joined the LDS church-I gave it up cold turkey. Amazingly, it wasn't as hard as I thought. I've never even craved coffee or wanted it since I stopped drinking it over 2 yrs ago.

I still like to have my herbals teas on occasion, as well as hot cocoas. :) When my friends go to Starbucks, I get a hot cocoa (peppermint hot cocoa is my favorite!).

For my caffeine fix, I drink soda...Dr. Pepper, Pepsi. Although, I know soda is that great for me either. uggh My husband won't buy soda anymore, so its a rarity now for me. :(

Even as a teenager I never understood the point of developing a taste for something that isn't very good for you. I never wanted to be addicted to caffeine or rely on it to get me going. Dh has never drunk coffee either. We don't own any kind of coffee machine. We did drink cappuchinos occasionally before but that has been forever.

I love this thread because it makes me wonder about tastes in general. Do we all taste things the same way, and some just like that taste while some don't? Or to we all have our own individual taste that we associate with everything, so that things taste different from one person to the next?

For example, I cannot imagine how anyone, ever, could even remotely tolerate the taste of liver. The thought makes me nearly :ack2:. In fact, no organ meat of any kind is even allowed in my house unless encased within a live human or animal. My mother and father and one of my sisters find it to be divine. Blah.

I LOVE coffee, though. Everything about it. The smell, the taste (unless it's bad coffee), the way it feels going down my throat. Ironically, I don't like my coffee sweetened at all, but Haagen-Daaz Coffee ice cream is my favorite. Go figure.

Oh, and for the record, I'm not addicted to it. I can have it or not. I have no side effects or after effects. I can drink it right before bed and go straight to sleep. The only thing I can't do it drink it with a hot meal. Hot beverages don't go with hot meals for me.