Menu

Help me break this pm coffee habit - alternatives?

I'm convinced my decaf coffee drinking in the evening is keeping me up. Please help me think of some hot drink alternatives because I just know without a hot drink I'll start snacking. Anyone know of a way to dress-up tea to make it taste more like coffee :glare: Da Vinci syrups and ? I have a mug of warm milk right now, but I don't want to do that every night.

I like Yogi Chai Rooibos tea in the afternoons. To liven it up a bit, I add sweet frothy milk to it. I heat 1/4 cup of milk and 1 tsp (sometimes 2) sugar in a small saucepan & whisk it until it's frothy. Add that to a cup of brewed tea & it is really good.

Edited by chickenpatty

Do you like chai? It is my favorite coffee alternative. :D

There are so many good herbal teas as well. No, they don't taste like coffee, but are good on their own. I was always a big coffee drinker and didn't think tea was something for me. But I tried all kinds...tea bags, loose leaf, flavored, green teas and black teas...etc etc. And I found a lot that I really liked.

For a "treat" these chai mixes are yum! And more yum!

A lot of the herbal teas can help you sleep as well, if that is what you need. I know it has helped me. I lovelovelove coffee, but had to get it down to one (or less) cup a day, in the morning.