Menu

? about domain names, website hosting, etc.

I am going to be building a website for my soon to be doula business(and eventually midwife business!), but am green, green to all of this. I have decided upon a name that is available according to GoDaddy.com. Do I need to check elsewhere to make sure it is not being used? I have many questions about such things as building a business website, etc. Any tips on getting free, reliable info?

If GoDaddy (or any domain registrar) says its available, you can buy it. GoDaddy also has hosting, they host my church's website and there have been no problems. I use Dreamhost, but I have my site as well as a few others, so that my be overkill for you.

As to a website, if you are just starting I'd recommend install something like Wordpress (free - your webhost will probably have it available) and then find a nice template (there are many free ones). You can then put content up quickly, and later on you can worry about a custom design.

Amy