Menu

Who still has Christmas decorations up?

Me too. DH hates taking the tree down and so we still have stockings, tree, the works. He keeps coming up with new reasons to leave everything up (Epiphany! Coptic Christmas!).

I'm taking it down Saturday, whether he likes it or not. I can't take it anymore.

Me!!

I keep some things up all winter like my cranberry wreath and snowmen.

The live tree is down, but the artificial dining room tree is being.... ignored. I would rather remove one thing a day than get depressed by the starkness. Anyway, with seven inches of snow on the ground all of this stuff looks ......right. :D

My goal for today - change out the sparkly candles on the mantle for the plain white ones.

I took mine down abut 10 pm last night-that's when the first ornaments came off. I dunno. I was pissed off and when I'm pissed I clean so down the tree came.

I wonder what my neighbors thought of me dragging a tree out the door at 11pm?

I got most of the house done, too. :D And, I'm not mad anymore. :D:D

Yep, since the new year my husband has had 1 day off and been working 10-16 hour days, and that is typically something that he does. I can only work with the boxes (that things get put away in) that he has gotten down from the attic. Things ARE coming down, bu we decorate ALOT and the undecorating is going especially slowly this year.

Can you come get pissed off at my house? I am sure I can find something to irritate you! :lol:

Dawn

I took mine down abut 10 pm last night-that's when the first ornaments came off. I dunno. I was pissed off and when I'm pissed I clean so down the tree came.

I wonder what my neighbors thought of me dragging a tree out the door at 11pm?

I got most of the house done, too. :D And, I'm not mad anymore. :D:D

The tree is actually down, but everything else is still up. The tree decorations were easy to put away, because I have one bin for those, and each ornament box has a label. Easy.

The rest of the decorations, however, are all in different bins, I have to take them downstairs individually, because the bins are too large to bring up, etc..... Yech!

So, I'm not sure when they will come down. And, I'm not going to worry about it.:D

I got it all put away in the bins on Monday when I was feeling ok for the first time in weeks (first trimester and all of the lovely morning sickness that accompany it). However, it is still sitting in my living room. We live in a 100+ year old house with practically no closet space. We have no attic or garage and a basement that is partially fieldstone so it stays too wet for storing things. That means that our closets are very carefully arranged to maximize the space. Marc hasn't had the time to get it packed back into the closet until after the boys' bedtime, and since the closet is in their room he can't really be making a huge racket to get it done. Hopefully it will get done Saturday. If not, I'm donating all of it except for the tree decorations, tree skirt, and Christmas quilt! lol Having another baby means we're going to have even less space for storage and after looking at all of this stuff for a week I'm wondering how important it is to me.

Not only is our usual 3' Christmas tree up and still decorated, but we now have a new tree up! After Christmas, we found a 6.5' tree 75% off, and I wanted to put it up to make sure it had all it's pieces and looked okay. And now I have more to put away:glare:

BUT, as of today, two bedrooms and our school room are MUCH cleaner! Woo hoo!!:D