Menu

Please pray for my brother that he gets good news this mroning.

My Dad said his tumor has shrunk or is gone with scar tissue. However, he is still going to have surgery. He'll have a bag while he is healing. Then he will have more chemo.

He spent his 40th birthday (yesterday) doing the colonoscopy prep. :(

In the end I just know he will be fine! He is so fun, gorgeous and sweet. I just love him!

His symptom was bleeding. He had this for a year before he went to the doctor!! I don't know if he had other symptoms. He doesn't like to talk about it.

Thank you for keeping him in your prayers. It means a lot to me. Please keep my parents in your prayers. It is tough having two kids with cancer and living so far away from one of them (me.)

Praying! Do you mind sharing what his symptoms were and how they discovered his cancer? My mother died of colon cancer in 2005 and it is always in the back of mind when I have any sort of issues.

Thank you and we will continue to keep you and your family in our prayers.

I'm sorry about your mom. :grouphug:

I don't know how old you are, but if you're 40 or older, you should schedule a colonoscopy. I go every five years. It's not a big deal at all, and you're asleep through all of the embarrassing parts, so there's nothing creepy about the procedure. The prep the night before the procedure is a nuisance, but it's one night out of your life to have a test that will tell you that you're fine and have nothing to worry about for a long while to come.

How old was your mother when she passed away? If she was relatively young, you might want to start getting colonoscopies before you turn 40. Remember that colonoscopies can actually prevent colon cancer, because potentially dangerous problems can be found and treated before they turn malignant.

Cat