Menu

S/O What wage would you set for min wage?

Gently people,

But the discussion on health, health benefits, right to medical care, who should pay, how much they should pay, and even the federal minimum wage discussion itself, is moot. The National Debt stands right now at 14.035 trillion dollars. As of 2015, our national liabilities - the total of expected payouts for social security, SSI, medicare/medicaid, prescription drugs, and food stamps/other assistance programs and the interest payments on the national debt is 112 trillion dollars. Our national assets including the entire wealth of the all of the taxpayers currently paying into the system is only 72 trillion...so essentially, we can by force, confiscate every last dime of every last taxpayer and every single asset of every taxpayer and that includes Donald Trump, Bill Gates, and friends, and we will not be able to pay our debt much less make payments on it. There are only, today, 110 million taxpayers and we have 64 million retirees/SSI recipients and 45 million on food stamp assistance. Our credit rating is being lowered and the US dollar has fallen again against the Euro. China is talking about dumping US dollars as it's reserve currency...that one...I don't think they'll do because we are also the largest consumers of the stuff they manufacture so it would come back to bite them in the rump...but just talking about it as taken some more value off the US dollar.

To help you understand this, one trillion dollars if represented by $1.00 bills taped end to end, then a trillion dollars would stretch almost all the way from the earth to the sun. If you spent a dollar bill every minute of every day it would take you 31,000 years to spend one trillion dolalrs. We are 14.035 of these in debt. The interest alone costs $126,876.00 per tax payer and just by the government continuing with the budget it currently has, we incur 75 million more in debt per hour. This is not sustainable!

We don't have it. There isn't going to be National Health Care...there isn't any money to fund it. Each one of us could pay 100% taxes, i.e. we work our butts into the ground so the government can confiscate it all, and we still won't be able to make it happen. Passing the Health Care bill was a "feel good measure" that was in reality, a myth and congress knows it, the president knows it, and Greece - who had national health care and was order by the WMF to dissolve it and privatize which is a bit of a joke because nobody wants to go into the insurance industry in a country that insolvent - knows it too.

I mad, I'm so mad that some days I want to rage. I've written letters to my congressman, my senators, to the president...I've emailed, I've called, etc. it is all for naught. THEY DO NOT CARE! They will not be the one to bring the bad news and they will not do anything about it. We've had 65 years of run amok spending, 65 years of politicians and the American people stinking their fingers in their collective ears and yelling, "I can't hear you, I can't hear you, I can't her you", 65 straight years of the government spending more than it takes in and borrowing for operating expenses, and now...since it means that people will go hungry, will be cold, and people will die because of it, they have no intentions of being the bad guy and bringing up the topic for honest discussion, debate, and possible solutions. They've passed the buck every single year and as of 2015, according the CBO and the GAO - the buck can't be passed anymore!

We've got four years to some how begin digging out of this mess. You, I, our families, our neighbors, and our friends are going to suffer the very real, very harsh consequences of this absolute disaster and it won't be pretty for the global economy either. Sometimes, I cry just thinking about it because my precious boy with a heart condition may be one of the casualties of the money wars.

Faith

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gently people,

But the discussion on health, health benefits, right to medical care, who should pay, how much they should pay, and even the federal minimum wage discussion itself, is moot. The National Debt stands right now at 14.035 trillion dollars. As of 2015, our national liabilities - the total of expected payouts for social security, SSI, medicare/medicaid, prescription drugs, and food stamps/other assistance programs and the interest payments on the national debt is 112 trillion dollars. Our national assets including the entire wealth of the all of the taxpayers currently paying into the system is only 72 trillion...so essentially, we can by force, confiscate every last dime of every last taxpayer and every single asset of every taxpayer and that includes Donald Trump, Bill Gates, and friends, and we will not be able to pay our debt much less make payments on it. There are only, today, 110 million taxpayers and we have 64 million retirees/SSI recipients and 45 million on food stamp assistance. Our credit rating is being lowered and the US dollar has fallen again against the Euro. China is talking about dumping US dollars as it's reserve currency...that one...I don't think they'll do because we are also the largest consumers of the stuff they manufacture so it would come back to bite them in the rump...but just talking about it as taken some more value off the US dollar.

To help you understand this, one trillion dollars if represented by $1.00 bills taped end to end, then a trillion dollars would stretch almost all the way from the earth to the sun. If you spent a dollar bill every minute of every day it would take you 31,000 years to spend one trillion dolalrs. We are 14.035 of these in debt. The interest alone costs $126,876.00 per tax payer and just by the government continuing with the budget it currently has, we incur 75 million more in debt per hour. This is not sustainable!

We don't have it. There isn't going to be National Health Care...there isn't any money to fund it. Each one of us could pay 100% taxes, i.e. we work our butts into the ground so the government can confiscate it all, and we still won't be able to make it happen. Passing the Health Care bill was a "feel good measure" that was in reality, a myth and congress knows it, the president knows it, and Greece - who had national health care and was order by the WMF to dissolve it and privatize which is a bit of a joke because nobody wants to go into the insurance industry in a country that insolvent - knows it too.

I mad, I'm so mad that some days I want to rage. I've written letters to my congressman, my senators, to the president...I've emailed, I've called, etc. it is all for naught. THEY DO NOT CARE! They will not be the one to bring the bad news and they will not do anything about it. We've had 65 years of run amok spending, 65 years of politicians and the American people stinking their fingers in their collective ears and yelling, "I can't hear you, I can't hear you, I can't her you", 65 straight years of the government spending more than it takes in and borrowing for operating expenses, and now...since it means that people will go hungry, will be cold, and people will die because of it, they have no intentions of being the bad guy and bringing up the topic for honest discussion, debate, and possible solutions. They've passed the buck every single year and as of 2015, according the CBO and the GAO - the buck can't be passed anymore!

We've got four years to some how begin digging out of this mess. You, I, our families, our neighbors, and our friends are going to suffer the very real, very harsh consequences of this absolute disaster and it won't be pretty for the global economy either. Sometimes, I cry just thinking about it because my precious boy with a heart condition may be one of the casualties of the money wars.

Faith

:iagree:

Thank you...you get it.

Gently people,

Faith

Thank you Faith, I do know that we are on the brink of collapse in this country and you are right that arguing over this stuff is pointless. I hope to do better and stay out of these types of discussions. I do get it and I should be spending more time figuring out how to survive it and come out strong on the other end.