Menu

Recs for typing program for Mac OSX10.5+

Capt_Uhura

Hello Hive,

Does anyone have a recommendation for a typing program for a Mac running OSX 10.5+? Our old typing program is no longer usable since we upgraded the system and DH didn't reload the Classic operating system. While my DS10 has been doing the free Dance Mat Typing at BBc he wants something more fun. :glare:

Thanks,

Capt_Uhura

My kids love Type to Learn 4: Agents of Information, and it runs perfectly on Macs (DS has a G4 iMac & DD has an Intel Mac Mini). It's set up like a game, where the students are Secret Agents, and both my kids (12 & 8) will "play" it for fun, sometimes several times/day. I don't even put "Typing" on their assignment lists for the day, because they will always do it on their own. DD frequently does it on the weekends, too — she's now a much better typist than I am! You can download a free 30-day trial; just be sure to uninstall the trial version before installing the real one, if you decide to buy it.

Jackie

Is this the one you have? http://www.amazon.com/Mavis-Beacon-Teaches-Typing-Deluxe/dp/B003MU9CPY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=software&qid=1294850980&sr=8-1 IT's a lot cheaper than the 2011. For typing I don't need the latest and greatest unless it's significantly better than the older version.

Yeah, I think that's it. I'd ask DH to dig up the box but I suspect he wouldn't know where to look, lol.