Menu

Ski area closure due to too much snow!

My daughter's homeschool ski day was cancelled today due to blizzard conditions :w00t: My husband and son are outside shoveling, youngest daughter sledding, and I'm warm and toasty inside the house enjoying a hot cup of coffee. Lovin' it! :)

I want to live where there are hs ski days! How fun! Of course, that's only if there's a coffee shop for me to wait at - warm and toasty with a big cafe mocha. ;)

The hs ski days are Wednesday mornings at a local ski area. I skied last Wednesday with my daughters, but next week I think I'll hang out in the ski lodge with the other moms in front of the crackling fire and drink hot beverages.;)

The hs ski days are Wednesday mornings at a local ski area. I skied last Wednesday with my daughters, but next week I think I'll hang out in the ski lodge with the other moms in front of the crackling fire and drink hot beverages.;)

Wow. That sounds soooo awesome!!!! Wish we lived there! :001_smile:

We used to ski on every snow day! Did the homeschool group cancel or did the ski area actually close?

Don't most mountains create their own personal blizzard conditions with the snow machines anyway?

The ski area closed, which I've heard rarely happens. I think the reason was traveling on the roads was dangerous and residents were encouraged to stay off them.

My husband takes my two oldest skiing for the first homeschool ski lesson tomorrow. Tomorrow it'll be sweet, sweet powder!

Here in NH, I know of at least 4 sets of homeschool ski lessons at two different resorts, but I'm sure there's more.

Ooh, they'll have so much fun with that new powder! NH ski resorts are awesome-Gunstock Mountain is next on our list. :auto: