Menu

Blue Cover Singapre vs Yellow cover Singapore?

trying my best

I know i posted about it earlier but noone responded with good answer about difference...

So what is the difference between those 2? I had a chance to look inside the yellow cover Singapore and noticed its kinda the same only with more baby-ish pictures? I have Blue cover singapore that its in every book store... so i didnt know there is Yellow cover singapore.

Now that i know of the fact that there are 2 version - what is the difference

THANKS!

Edited by trying my best

Sorry, I just looked at your other posts. I believe that the blue cover you are talking about is a extra math practice series. It is not published by Singapore Math, it is a workbook in the Singapore style. It is not the complete Singapore Math program, but a review or supplemental math workbook. THe yellow is Singapore Math

I don't know all of the differences, but I do know that the books that come from singaporemath.com include a home instructor's guide, a textbook and a workbook that all go together. These can also be supplemented with the intensive practice workbooks which are more problems on the topic only a bit more difficult, and the challenging word problems workbook. The home instructor's guide will assist you with teaching the concepts and will give you enrichment activities for the topics and will tell you which pages go along with the topic in the textbook and the workbook. When I have looked through the blue cover books in the book store, they appear to only be workbooks without any explanations for how to teach the concepts.

We use the standards edition from singaporemath.com. We use the home instructor's guide, textbook, workbook and challenging word problems book.

Singapore Primary Math is the program that students in Singapore use/used with an HIG (home instructors guide) published by an American company (singaporemath.com) to help homeschooling parents teach it.

I'm not sure what you have but it is not THE "Singapore Math". If you want to use SM you could buy the text, workbook and HIG then use what you have for extra practice instead of buying an extra practice book from SM. HTH!

You could also probably use what you have instead of the workbook, but you might have to search to find the next section depending on how much they followed the Singapore Scope and Sequence compared to the US math curriculum one. We did most of 1A/1B orally anyway, while working on writing numbers elsewhere, simply because my DD, at the time, was more advanced in math than in writing, and a lot of 1A/1B is early mental math concepts.

So what is the difference between those 2? I had a chance to look inside the yellow cover Singapore and noticed its kinda the same only with more baby-ish pictures? I have Blue cover singapore that its in every book store... so i didnt know there is Yellow cover singapore.

If you have a copy of a book claiming to be Singapore that is sold "in every bookstore", you don't have Singapore Math but a more recent book published in the US in a similar style. It's meant for supplementary work - it's not a curriculum.

If you want the Singapore Math that's talked about mostly here, you can find samples of covers and content on the singaporemath.com website. There are two versions of that, a US Edition with is the version from Singapore with added US money and measuremnet and a newer Standards Edition which is aligned with California Standards and is a bit longer and includes a few more topics (like negative numbers in the higher grades). Others have mentioned the various components you'd order to have what you need for the year. These books are not sold in stores (except maybe homeschool curriculum stores). You will not find them at Border's or B&N.

There's also a new curriculum called Math in Focus which I know nothing about except what I've read here. It's published by a US textbook company but is supposed to be based on Singapore Math. It is a full curriculum, not just a supplement like the book in the store. I'm not sure where you'd get this, but also not at a bookstore.