Menu

If I slink off to bed, can I pretend not to notice the kitty threw up?

I love our two cats, but they really seem to puke at the worst times. There have been times I had to laugh to keep from crying at the absurdity of it. It's always when the baby's crying, something is just about to burn in the oven, you've had to pee for 30 minutes, and someone's knocking on the door.

Oh, and we have maybe 70 sq feet of carpeting in our house, but they'll always run from wherever they were just to come puke on the carpet. What's with that?!

I'll send my husband right over.

Once when my boys were small and we were all sick, the cat started puking in the house, and I could not deal with it. We have these barmop cloths from Costco that we use instead of paper towels, so I just threw one on each "deposit" to mark the spot so no one would step on it. When my husband got home from work, he took care of it. So one day, years later, I woke up on April Fool's Day, and the boys and their dad had put small wooden blocks underneath barmops all over the house, as if the cats had puked EVERYWHERE. I was naturally aghast. The boys still chuckle over that one. I did not think it was all that funny.

Oh, and we have maybe 70 sq feet of carpeting in our house, but they'll always run from wherever they were just to come puke on the carpet. What's with that?!

OH I KNOW!!! When I hear the sound, I'll sometimes (depending on the cat and the proximity to a hard floor) try to scoop up the cat and toss it in the general direction of an easy-to-clean surface, and inevitably the cat will manage to choke back the urp until it reaches the nearest available carpet or rug. :glare: I mean, SERIOUSLY??

And I can't EVER go away overnight without returning to a couple piles of it. They are vindictive little suckers.

Apparently I feel strongly about this topic. You should definitely walk away from it and I should just :chillpill:

We've had a cat since summer and so far... no puking!

It's a darn good thing too. I don't like cats. Yes, I said it. I'm more of a dog person, and the bigger the better. But our apartment is too small for a dog and DD BEGGED for a cat for months.

I gave in. :glare: I'm glad I did, she loves her kitty. But the whole, cleaning out the litter box? That is ridiculous! Our dogs went outside in the woods... so much better!

Any tips for potty training a cat? :tongue_smilie:(And by that I mean in the actual potty. hah. She came to us litter trained and has never had an accident)

I'll send my husband right over.

Once when my boys were small and we were all sick, the cat started puking in the house, and I could not deal with it. We have these barmop cloths from Costco that we use instead of paper towels, so I just threw one on each "deposit" to mark the spot so no one would step on it. When my husband got home from work, he took care of it. So one day, years later, I woke up on April Fool's Day, and the boys and their dad had put small wooden blocks underneath barmops all over the house, as if the cats had puked EVERYWHERE. I was naturally aghast. The boys still chuckle over that one. I did not think it was all that funny.

:smilielol5: That's funny!

Chris, next time it happens, leave it and hope that someone does something naughty. Then give them the clean-up duty as their consequence!

:glare:

I love our cat, I really do. I'm just tired of hairballs, early morning meowing, changing the box, and so on, and so on...and being the only one to clean it all up and deal.

Just venting.

10 cc syringe, full with petromalt, grab cat, full bore down the throat, weekly. I did that when I was poor. When I had more money, I used Science Diet hairball formula and groomed daily by using a ZooM Groom (brand name, not the knock-of cheepies).

Never another hairball, and I had the queen of them.

I love our cat, I really do. I'm just tired of hairballs, early morning meowing, changing the box, and so on, and so on...and being the only one to clean it all up and deal.

Just venting.

Early morning meowing....I cat sat my mother's hugey on summer. Have a police whistle by your bed....the old metal and ball kind. Cat wakes you, without warning sit up right in its face and TWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEt. Cat runs off, and tries later. Repeat. Only took twice.

Just venting.

Heh. I'm kinda happy that our only pets are all behind glass. (Turtles, a gecko, and fish). Easy to take care of and none of them ever puke.

Just venting.

My cat threw up on my ds's (19 y/o's) bed yesterday and he obviously didn't clean it up...because he is sleeping on the L/R floor. I hope he didn;t expect ME to do it!!!!!

Faithe

10 cc syringe, full with petromalt, grab cat, full bore down the throat, weekly. I did that when I was poor. When I had more money, I used Science Diet hairball formula and groomed daily by using a ZooM Groom (brand name, not the knock-of cheepies).

Never another hairball, and I had the queen of them.

My cat who had lots of problems with hairballs loved that stuff. He would eat it straight from the tube.

Early morning meowing....I cat sat my mother's hugey on summer. Have a police whistle by your bed....the old metal and ball kind. Cat wakes you, without warning sit up right in its face and TWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEt. Cat runs off, and tries later. Repeat. Only took twice.

hahahahaha--I can see my boys loving this solution, in a rather twisted way...They like to set up kitty dilemmas and have her figure them out ("Let's crack the door open Juuuust enough for her to slip in, but put the dog right there--so Cat, nice warm inside with just a little risk, or stay outside?" that sort of thing....--and no, she's not THAT scared of the dog).

But the purpose of me getting up to get the cat (we sleep with doors closed, no animals in bedrooms) is so that she won't wake everyone else up. She wants company, or to go out, or water that has not been sitting overnight :glare:. Sometimes I think she just wants to meow.

And her throwing up isn't really hairballs, most of the time--it's a certain flavor of cat food that we can't seem to figure out as it seems to vary slightly. I need to do an elimination diet of sorts with her.

Sigh.

OH I KNOW!!! When I hear the sound, I'll sometimes (depending on the cat and the proximity to a hard floor) try to scoop up the cat and toss it in the general direction of an easy-to-clean surface, and inevitably the cat will manage to choke back the urp until it reaches the nearest available carpet or rug. :glare: I mean, SERIOUSLY??

:chillpill:

My cat is obstinate in every other way, but when he has to heave, he usually comes and finds me and/or heads to the kitchen.

Lest you're all jealous, I should also add that he doesn't do laps, wakes me up in the wee hours to be fed, growls at both grandmas, and won't hesitate to sink his teeth into some moving ankles when he's in a playful mood.

Yeah, Riley is pretty good at that, but he knows not to go near her food dish, where the harfing sometimes occurs, and he won't go into the basement or upstairs unless we invite him (he's sweet that way!), so she usually chooses those areas.

It's ok. I'll just clean it up if it happens again--I mean, when it happens again. <G>