Menu

I buckled and bought CLE sunrise Math....

Mama2Many4

We've been using Math Mammoth since the beginning of our 2nd grade school year and he's just not getting this way of teaching math. It's much too confusing for him, so today after reading threads for months on how great CLE math is I took the plunge and ordered it! I can't wait for it to get here so we can start!...

Thank you. That is all. :D

I started my son in CLE, switched to MM (have no idea why) and he begged me to go back to CLE. MM completely confused him. He loves CLE and has pretty much done it independently since he was 7 (with me sitting across from him). He totally gets it and doesn't complain. Good luck!

We love CLE too ! It get's repetitive for some kids , but some need this. With one child , I cross some work from CLE (things mastered) and do some Singapore , with another , he does ALL CLE --he needs it !

I think CLE works great for most children , including those with autism. I know a little boy , he is middle functioning and CLE works perfect for him . He works at grade level , mostly independently. He likes how organized it is , when to practice flashcards or do the speed drills, the simple , yet complete new concepts , etc

Edited by blessedmom3

We are using MM, but I've wondered about CLE. What's the scoop on it? Is it conceptual like MM and Singapore? How's it compare to the other top picks for math around here? Good word problems? :bigear:

No , not as conceptual as MM or Singapore . More developmentally appropriate though . More conceptual than other traditional programs such as Horizons or Saxon.

Here are some word problems taken from CLE 200. For an advanced child , I still supplement with Challenging Word Problems (Singapore). These are great to use with any math program.

-----------------------------------

"Cottontail rabbits have babies often" said Mr. Parks . "Our mother rabbit here at the center had babies four times last year. The first time she had 6, and the second time there were 9 . The last two times there were 5 babies in each litter " . How many babies did the mother rabbit have last year?

from CLE 205 , before introducing formal multiplication

In Bible times, if someone stole a sheep,he had to give back more than the number he took . Benjamin's father had 35 sheep but someone stole one sheep .The thief was caught and he had to give back 5 sheep .

How many sheep did Benjamin's father's have then?

We really like CLE here. :) CLE 300 is a definite for next year, and I think I may put Sylvia back into 100 (we tried it, but I dropped it for a true K level math for this year).

Yeah, I was hoping they would have had a k math program for my 5 year old, but I'll just stick with the total math this year that we've been doing and then order CLE 100 for him next year.

We've gone through levels 100, 500, 600, are most of the way through 200 (we'll start 300 soon) and are almost halfway through 700. I use it with my (possible gifted) daughter, and both of my 2e sons (gifted with LDs, both are on the autism spectrum.) The ONLY thing I dislike about CLE is that the Sunrise edition stop at the 800 level, so we have to find something else for algebra. :p