Menu

Help me come up with a way to celebrate

I got married at age 19. This year dh and I will celebrate our 19th anniversary.

I figured out down to the day when I'll have been married for half my life. It's not on my actual anniversary, because I was 19 years and 172 days old when I got married. So, I added 172 days from the date of my anniversary and that will be when I've been married for half my life.

This seems like a big deal to me, but is sort of a private celebration. It almost doesn't even include my dh, because he was 24 when we got married, so he won't be married for half of his life until our 24th anniversary.

What sort of fun thing could I do as a nod to this milestone of being married for exactly half my life? Anyone have a good idea?

I got married at age 19. This year dh and I will celebrate our 19th anniversary.

I figured out down to the day when I'll have been married for half my life. It's not on my actual anniversary, because I was 19 years and 172 days old when I got married. So, I added 172 days from the date of my anniversary and that will be when I've been married for half my life.

This seems like a big deal to me, but is sort of a private celebration. It almost doesn't even include my dh, because he was 24 when we got married, so he won't be married for half of his life until our 24th anniversary.

What sort of fun thing could I do as a nod to this milestone of being married for exactly half my life? Anyone have a good idea?

If you were 19 y 172 d old when you got married, wouldn't you would add 19 y and 86 days to the date of your anniversary to find the date when you've been married half of your life?

How about if you did everything half that day. You could break his comb in half, fix him half a cup of coffee, cut the bar of soap in the shower in half, and make all food servings halves and go all out with halves as much as possible throughout the day. (Oh, I would make this really obvious, half a sandwich, half a pizza, half a piece of meat, half a piece of fruit, half a potato, all served on just one half of the plate, etc.) You could say something cute, that he's made your life what it is today; without him, you'd only be half of what you are; he's the other half to make you whole.