Menu

Losing pregnancy symptoms

I know you are all probably weary of my pg questions. I hate that dd is 4000 miles away. I feel so inadequate.

I got a text from her this morning. She said her breasts were the usual soreness (normally really sore at night) when she went to bed, but this morning they barely hurt. She is worried about this.

At what point did you start to lose the breast tenderness during your pg, if you did?? She is between 10 and 11 weeks.

Thanks again for input. I MIGHT stay sane for the next 7 months, but I'm really not so sure.

Stacey,

:grouphug::grouphug:

I know how hard it is to be so far away from your dd. I have a dd getting married in April and she will be moving 24 hours away. My oldest dd lives only 4 1/2 hours away and it was very hard when she had pregnancy problems. She did have the same thing happen at about this time with both her pregnancies. ( I have two beautiful granddaughters 14 mo apart.) It concerned her (and me) greatly. I think this is normal for this stage of the pregnancy. If I remember correctly, this happened to me too.

During the night, it isn't unusual for breast soreness to lessen, so that she might feel less sore in the morning than she did the night before. It probably has to do with more efficient fluid resorption to the lymph system when she's lying down. If that's the case, the soreness will probably increase again as the day goes on. It also isn't unusual for breast soreness to lessen and eventually go away as a woman approaches 2nd trimester.

All she can do is wait and see. If she's had an ultrasound between 8 and 11 weeks, and all looked well, then she's got very little to worry about. By "looking well," I mean a crown-rump length and fetal heart rate that are both consistent with estimated date of conception. A measured (Doppler) fetal heart rate consistent with date of conception would also be a good sign that all is well.

(As it turns out, in most miscarriages that occur toward the end of 1st trimester, there were earlier signs that things weren't going well. In most cases, by 8-10 weeks either the crown-rump length was too short, or the fetal heart rate was significantly low for dates.)

She's near the end of the 1st trimester, and I think that's normal for the tenderness to subside at that point.

I had a miscarriage once near the end of my first trimester/beginning of 2nd. My first clue was (or should have been) when I went in for an ultrasound at 10 weeks and they told me I was only 8.5 weeks along. In retrospect, there was no way I would have gotten a positive pregnancy test as early as I did if my dates had been so far off.

You know, night to morning, I wouldn't even call that "losing pregnancy symptoms." I'd call it a temporary reprieve.

I think breast tenderness is a pretty early symptom. Does she have any morning sickness? That tends to be a bit more enduring.

I am currently pregnant... I usually have ALL the symptoms including morning sickness. I was CONVINCED and had prepared myself to see a miscarriage in my first ultrasound this time.

Healthy baby.

There is just no telling sometimes on these pregnancy symptoms. I had a dear friend who miscarried at seven weeks. She didn't miscarry the baby until 12 weeks. She was VERY symptomatic including morning sickness for weeks after the baby had passed... Up 'til about 11 weeks.

You just can't tell.

But I can tell you, I was late (for me) to show this time, NO morning sickness, no breast tenderness, nothing... And I saw our sweet baby yesterday. He (I think) is just fine and wiggly. Tell your daughter to enjoy feeling good! :D

I am pregnant with my 4th baby, (and have 3 sleeping upstairs) and am 16 weeks today. I have symptoms come and go, and have with each baby, in a moments notice. Some days I will wake up and forget that I am pregnant because everything feels normal. Then out of nowhere I will be nausous, or I will have a random leg cramp, or my heart starts to beat out of my chest. Or I am dizzy. Or I am seeing spots if I turn too quickly. One pregnancy I would get this really random hot flash on a part of my leg (turns out part of my nerve was pinched, causing a sensation of heat when there is nothing there!) Or, get this, I bleed, sometimes a bunch. So many symptoms come and go (one pregnancy I had the runs as though it was morning sickness, and it just was the way it was) and in the end, your body does weird things when it is pregnant.

Once your daughter has an ultrasound that shows a viable fetus and a heartbeat, the chances of miscarriage reduce down to nearly nothing. Fear not! All the funny feelings and strange smells or twitches? Meh--pregnant bodies are a flood of hormones and do funny things.

The best thing you can do as her mother is to be her rock and to stop worrying! When she calls you worried, you need to pass on wisdom and strength. If you worry, you are not helping her one bit. To put it as my Marine daddy puts it--buck up and do your job. :) (Always said lovingly of course.)

Enjoy this time! It is special! It is fun! It is strange sometimes! And it is pregnancy. Completely, normal pregnancy.

It is just so difficult with her being away. I can't see her, don't know how she is really feeling, can't make any judgment calls based on my gut when she is so far away. When she calls with questions, sometimes I just panic. It's been a long time since I had a viable pregnancy (I've had 4 ectopics since my "baby" 15yo). I just don't recall a lot of things from my pregnancies anymore.

Anyway, she called her midwife because she is just uptight about the combo of the cramping with the loss of breast tenderness (though it is back since she's been up), the not feeling pregnant, etc. She's going in the morning and they are just gonna check her all out. I think it'll give her some peace of mind.

Just pray for news that all is well if you feel led.

I am so sorry for being such a nervous Nellie. I guess with my other dd having had the miscarriages, I just can't help but be worried.

It is just so difficult with her being away. I can't see her, don't know how she is really feeling, can't make any judgment calls based on my gut when she is so far away. When she calls with questions, sometimes I just panic. It's been a long time since I had a viable pregnancy (I've had 4 ectopics since my "baby" 15yo). I just don't recall a lot of things from my pregnancies anymore.

Anyway, she called her midwife because she is just uptight about the combo of the cramping with the loss of breast tenderness (though it is back since she's been up), the not feeling pregnant, etc. She's going in the morning and they are just gonna check her all out. I think it'll give her some peace of mind.

Just pray for news that all is well if you feel led.

I am so sorry for being such a nervous Nellie. I guess with my other dd having had the miscarriages, I just can't help but be worried.

:grouphug: I can imagine how hard it is for you to be so far away. I've been pg 6 times in the last 8 yrs and am due with my 4th ds in March but have had two m/c. Early pg is pretty stressful for me because I get so worried. With both your history and dd's, it is understandable to be a nervous Nellie. Praying that your dd gets through this trimester and you can all relax to enjoy the next 6 months.

I do agree with the others that loss of breast tenderness that late wouldn't raise any flags for me.

Does she have a midwife or obstetrician she trusts and from whom she's receiving prenatal care? Mothers have those types of questions all the time and I know that my ob office was set up to answer them quickly. Her health provider will also know the context of her particular health and pregnancy.

I'm gently suggesting this because unless she is planning a home birth in which you deliver the baby, she needs to transfer her needs for health-related support to her health-care provider. It builds the trust she will need when delivery comes. Additionally, you cannot reassure her right away, you could get and give incorrect information, and it causes you worry. I would encourage you to respond: "What does your health provider say? Let me know as soon as you find out. In the meantime, I'll be praying for you."

I hope this suggestion isn't offensive in any way. I don't know her situation.

I'm almost done being pregnant (end of the month), and I remember my breasts being sore for about a week and that was it in my first trimester. I actually didn't know I was pregnant until around 14 weeks, but I remember the soreness going on about a week before I found out (I just thought I was PMSing because that was a normal thing for me). I also wasn't nauseous or sick at all, lucky me!

I just know that all pregnancy's are different, I've had several friends that were pregnant before I was, and we have all had very different experiences :)

Hope that's a little helpful