Menu

UPDATE on My Mom - Her surgery is 2:30pm today (Tues)..........

I so appreciate everyone who is praying and all the nice comments I received. Lee's surgery is 2:30 this afternoon - Tuesday -- the orthopod will be putting in pins -- and hopefully, she will go home this evening (in the face of a snowstorm, of course :glare:). I had considered going up there like right now today, but decided (after speaking with my sister) that it's fine if I wait till the weekend or early next week - when I will go and stay for days.

I spoke with my mom this morning and she sounds wonderful -- :auto: I'm out to yet another Odyssey of the Mind hours long working session AND to buy myself a new cell phone --

Thank you again for the prayers -- I must say that with all that has gone in our family the past couple of months, being lifted in prayer does JUST that -- lifts one over the issue and the Lord carries me and my loved ones through.:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

ETA: See that in red above -- turns out it's a big fat lie! :toetap05: DH is on his way home and he will attempt to work from home the next few days. I am on my way to NJ (three hour drive) and I have been volunteered to stay overnight at the hospital with my mom tonight -- she apparently will not be out of surgery/recovery till late evening and they will not release her at that hour (which honestly makes sense to me - and I don't know what my sister was thinking when she told me at 7:30am that my mom would be home tonight -- my sister is a doctor for heaven's sake) -- anyway -- your thoughts and prayers are so very coveted - thank you all so much.:grouphug:

Edited by MariannNOVA

Hang tough!

The storm is coming a little later than originally expected, so I hope that timing will work for your Mom's safe return home. :grouphug:

Yes, it does seem that way -- and I know that is what my sister is thinking. I am in a way relieved that she told me not to come and just wait a few days -- yup, we are hanging in there. :D

Yes, it does seem that way -- and I know that is what my sister is thinking. I am in a way relieved that she told me not to come and just wait a few days -- yup, we are hanging in there. :D

You do realize that later this year, you should probably start buying lottery tickets with your family right? After all this hard stuff is processed...

Marianne-

You and your family have had quite the year! I'll be praying for your mother this afternoon and for your safe journey. May the Lord bless you and keep you. You are a wonderful daughter and mother- your family is blessed to have you! :grouphug: