Menu

Am I the only one who has started a curriculum list for this fall?

Nakia

Add me to the list. We had some things that were a bust for this year specifically in history and science. We are just doing interest\project based for those subjects right now, which the dc are enjoying, but I have plans for curricula for next year. All our core subjects are going to be pretty much the same because I really don't like changing those anyway. The content subjects are the ones I don't mind trying new things for. I'm having to keep myself from purchasing and using them now...patience, patience, patience.:tongue_smilie:

Well, with this being my first year, I am trying not to get too far ahead of myself. But I have already purchased our science curriculum for next year and some lapbooking materials to go with it. :tongue_smilie: So far, I think that we are going to continue with WWE and probably FLL as they are going well. Also, SOTW Vol. 2. Hmm. I guess I am getting a little ahead of myself. :tongue_smilie::lol:

I'm trying really hard to concentrate on right now. While doing that, I'm thinking about Ellen McHenry, McGuffey, and Shakespeare. :D

It's not serious until I start using the kids bath tub crayons to write it all out on the shower walls. :)

Edited by helena

It's my first year of HS to dd9 and ds7, and I just completed most my list for the fall! I'm in such a learning curve that I didn't want to forget what I've discovered about my kids and the current curriculum they're using.

Here's to hoping year 2 of HS will be better!

-Melissa

A lot of our stuff, we'll just "do the next book". I'm still deciding a couple subjects, but most subjects I have nailed down pretty well. Since we started halfway through first grade, we're kind of doing some stuff over first and second grade, but I might make some changes if I don't like what we're doing (I changed spelling after the first week, but I already had what I changed to, so it's all good... might still change that again in second grade, but I won't buy anything new quite yet).

I'm waiting to make decisions on history. I had originally planned to take Biblioplan Ancients half-paced through second grade, but the first week has been so quick that I may not need to do that. We'll see how the rest of the weeks go though. I could have done double pace here in the beginning. If we finish Ancients this summer, I'll have to decide what I want to do for middle ages. I have the SOTW AG, and I'm sure I'll get SOTW itself and do something based off that, whether it be straight SOTW+AG or something I make myself that uses SOTW as a spine. I dunno yet.

I've already been buying for next fall. I'm not sure which of my kids will be homeschooling next fall either. I have a tendency to overbuy every year. After 8 years of this you'd think I'd have it figured out by now.

Our homeschool convention is middle April and I usually buy stuff there. Last year I picked up MFW 1 for my twins. We still haven't gotten to it yet.

I generally start buying in February & March. I don't use a lot of pre-packaged subjects so I have to plan. I already have my list. What's funny is we've had such a rough start to this year we're still less than halfway done with school. It feels a little awkward, but I know most of what we're using next year.

I've definitely started planning 1st grade. Lol. I am already fairly sure what we'll be doing. :D

I even have an idea of what I'll be using in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. I'll be looking for new curriculums and such in case something better comes out, but I like having a long term vision.

Same here. When I choose something for one year, I like to think about how that might affect future years. I have next year's curriculum all planned out (though changes may be made to the plan before I start buying) and ideas floating around in my head for several years in the future.

Definitely! We file our taxes by Feb1 and I use the money buy curriculum so I always have to have my list early!!

I wish I could do this! Our first priority with our tax returns is paying for our dc to go t camp for a week in the summer. Unfortunately, this year I don't think we'll have much left after paying for that.

Definitely not alone!

I have already purchased a few things and am trying to plan things out.

Still making lists of RA books and trying to figure out what to do about Art.

Expecting 1st grade to be a bit more rigorous and official than we've done K.

I love making lists!

:001_smile:

I'm about to shell out the dough and start buying things. For the most part I'm doing "go to the next book" too, but I still have to actually purchase it. I keep telling myself, "It's only January... it's ONLY January..." but in the back of my mind there's a tiny little voice yelling, "IT'S JANUARY ALREADY!!! MAKE LISTS! PLAN! PURCHASE!"

I'm trying hard to ignore the voice. :glare:

Guest momk2000

Not only do I have my list for next fall, but I have already made a couple of purchases. We will just see if I stick with it this time around. :D

Gasp, I didn't realize that there are homeschool moms who DON'T plan ahead and spend countless hours reading reviews and comparing prices and making purchases and lists and then pouring over said lists to make sure they've chosen just the RIGHT curriculum for each child!?! Deep breath. Sorry, got carried away! Glad to hear I'm in good company with you ladies! :001_smile:

I buy stuff I like when I see it, even if it is a year or 2, or 3 down the road. Over Christmas break I pulled the stuff that I HAVE for next year, and am starting from there with my list. I like to have most of the stuff by summer, so I can then schedule and file stuff then. And have it readay by mid August. :D

You're not alone, but I think I'm worse. I just started our new year and I already have my list for next year started. LOL:lol:

Yeah, I am in this boat too!...I started making a list because this year's money has to buy next year's stuff, and I want to start thinking about that...It helps me to have an idea of how much things are going to be since I have to work within a budget...

So no, I don't think it is crazy at all to already be preparing for Fall :)

Most things I already have. Although, sometimes I think something is working for us and then, boom, it smacks me in the face. So.....I may not be as all set as I think. Math is one area I will need to purchase and I am undecided what to do with one of my dc right now, so I have no idea what will be up next year.:)