Menu

I'm insane!

My 3 week old baby has a cold. We were up all night, and the poor thing is miserable today. We're also battling thrush. :glare:

My 3yo is also very stuffy and cranky.

And yet I'm still trying to make this a successful "back to school" day for the 7, 8, and 12yos, after 4 weeks of vacation.

:willy_nilly:

Take a day or a week off!! Get a handle on the thrush.. you know that whole thing about making sure all the things that touch the thrush are cleaned, right? Let your kids do whatever... don't feel guilty!! Call a friend to give you some time off... if you have one you could trade with later... or something..... Do anything that you can to get some rest!!

You're suppose to be on MATERNITY leave!! ;)

Take a day or a week off!! Get a handle on the thrush.. you know that whole thing about making sure all the things that touch the thrush are cleaned, right? Let your kids do whatever... don't feel guilty!! Call a friend to give you some time off... if you have one you could trade with later... or something..... Do anything that you can to get some rest!!

You're suppose to be on MATERNITY leave!! ;)

:iagree::iagree::iagree:

And....

:grouphug::chillpill::chillpill::grouphug:

Guest CarolineUK

:iagree:Give yourself a break. I was always told it took six weeks to recover from the birth, without illness, or homeschool, or dark, cold winter days. It'll be just a few weeks and life will look so much brighter all round. You must look after yourself first, otherwise it'll be really hard to attend to the needs of your lovely family.

Oh, and BTW, spend lots of time enjoying that 3 week old if you can, I SO wish I had a 3 week old ...

Are you positive that the baby has a cold? I thought one of mine had a cold when she was only a few weeks old, but the pediatrician said babies that age don't get colds. It turned out to be a dairy allergy. (Long story, but I didn't nurse her exclusively; I supplemented with formula, and she was allergic to it.)

I was told the same thing with my newborn - they don't get little colds. She ended up with RSV and it was quite serious. Luckily we got help before too long.

Take the day off and watch history videos. Have your oldest read aloud. Listen to a great book on cd.

Take care.