Menu

LAst week's pie...

I was out of town and forgot to post my weekly pie recipe. I made this for a New Year's Eve party (please don't make a fuss since I actually made it the 31st of Dec. My mom's funeral threw a wrench in my plans)

The pie is Peanut Butter Chocolate pie.

Anyone want the recipe?

Edited by fairfarmhand

I'd love the recipe.

Last week I made a Turkey Pot Pie and a Buttermilk Custard Pie that was my grandmother's recipe. Both were great. I'll post the custard pie up later today when I get home. I NEVER make pies either so this was a big step for me. :001_smile:

Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie

1 chocolate wafer crumb crust

Filling

1 and 1/4 cups smooth peanut butter

1 8 ox package cream cheese, softened

1 cup powdered sugar

1 tbsp. vanilla

1 1/4 cups whipping cream

1 recipe Mocha Sauce (recipe follows)

Cream together the peanut butter, cream cheese, and 1/2 cup of the powdered sugar in large bowl with electric mixer. Blend in vanilla. Wash and dry the beaters.

Using a chilled medium sized mixing bowl and chilled beaters, beat the cream with the mixer till it holds soft peaks. Add the rest of the confectioners sugar and continue to beat till it is soft but not grainy. Add about 1/3 of the whipped cream to the peanut butter mixture. Blend with the mixer till smooth and creamy. Fold in the remaining whipped cream till the filling is smooth and evenly mixed. Spoon the filling into the pie shell and smooth the top with a spoon. Cover with loosely tented aluminum foil and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight.

When the filling is good and firm prepare the mocha sauce. When the sauce has cooled somewhat but is still pourable, pour it over the pie, tilting the pie to spread the sauce to the edge. Set aside to cool. Recover with tented aluminum foil and refrigerate till ready to serve.

Mocha Sauce

1/2 cup heavy cream

1 tbsp. instant espresso or coffee granules

2 tbsp butter, cut into small pieces

1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips

1 tbsp. light corn syrup

1/2 tsp vanilla extract.

Bring cream coffee and butter to a simmer in a small heavy saucepan over medium heat whisking to dissolve the coffee. Remove from the heat and add the chocolate chips. Let the mixture stand for 2 minutes. Whisk to smooth; whisk in the corn syrup and the vanilla.

Enjoy!