Menu

Karaoke poll from my daughter:

Karaoke is...  

1. 1. Karaoke is...

• all about sounding PERFECT
    • all about having FUN
    • both
    • other

My daughter got a karaoke machine for Christmas. It has been hiding in her room! She is too shy to sing in front of people! So we just had a talk and I almost convinced her that karaoke is about having FUN, not about being a professional singer. She thinks a poll will help(ish). That's what she said. Help. Ish. :tongue_smilie:

Thank you for taking this poll. Please drive thru.

Looks great so far except for ONE person who thinks it has to be perfect. GRRR...

My dd is happy so far, so please keep the votes coming. She also wants to know if anyone needs a babysitter. :lol: "Either animal or human. Or both!" ROFL!!! Ya, we're getting lots of school done today, I can just tell!

This reminds me of the early days of Karaoke when they used to have those booths at amusement parks where you could go sing along with your favorite song and they would record you. My brother and I decided to do it for my mother and sang a duet to "Islands in the Stream". It was *horrid*! :lol:

I think that tape is buried in the back of a box in her garage somewhere and I hope it never surfaces again. We both survived and lived to perform music again. :tongue_smilie:

This reminds me of the early days of Karaoke when they used to have those booths at amusement parks where you could go sing along with your favorite song and they would record you. My brother and I decided to do it for my mother and sang a duet to "Islands in the Stream". It was *horrid*! :lol:

I think that tape is buried in the back of a box in her garage somewhere and I hope it never surfaces again. We both survived and lived to perform music again. :tongue_smilie:

I did "Take My Breath Away" for my mother. I'm hoping it was destroyed or lost in their last move. :o:leaving:

It's certainly not about sounding perfect! I voted "other." It's for having fun, if you can have fun doing it. I could never do it, never, ever, ever, ever. Believe me, anyone within screeching distance can breathe a great sigh of relief.

I sing in my car. Alone. That's it. And when I die, I don't care about getting a new body. I'm excited about getting a new voice!

I actually, back before Karaoke machines were available for $25 at Walmart, purchased one and multiple, kid-friendly CDs for my music classes. The reason was, simply, that I had a lot of reluctant to sing kids who needed to feel like they COULD be successful. The Karaoke machine broke the ice and gave them that confidence, because it was all about fun, and after that, we could work on vocal technique.

I'd suggest a night out somewhere that has a karaoke machine and focuses on the family-friendly stuff, so she can see just how much people relax and enjoy themselves-and how BAD they sound!

The thing your dd has to understand is that not even professional singers sound perfect. That sound board in the studio is worked by engineers to the best sound from the singer/musician. Even during a live concert there are people in the background working to make the singer/musician sound terrific.

Sure there are those few gifted singers. There is a lady in my church that has a voice to make the angles weep tears of sheer pleasure to listen to her sing. But the vast majority of regular folks sing for fun.

My daughter got a karaoke machine for Christmas. It has been hiding in her room! She is too shy to sing in front of people! So we just had a talk and I almost convinced her that karaoke is about having FUN, not about being a professional singer. She thinks a poll will help(ish). That's what she said. Help. Ish. :tongue_smilie:

Thank you for taking this poll. Please drive thru.

Oh, SpecialMama's DD,

My dd is also 11. While she doesn't sing in public really, she sings praise music through our house b/c she enjoys it....not really b/c she aspires to become a professional singer.

Karaoke is about having fun. When my dd visited a friend several years ago, they both took turns acting silly and singing Karaoke on the friend's machine. Down right silly and goofy and it actually made both of us moms laugh. They were laughing too. FUN!