Menu

The Repo Man was here

That had to be an uneasy thing to open your door to.

Last year a repo man came looking for our neighbor's car. They asked us a few questions about them and then started talking about the fact that they had been there before and started telling us about other vehicles they had repo'd from them and that they were divorced. LOL Her Dh had be gone for a while but we were told he had reenlisted......divorce made more sense. (I realize he may be wrong...but it does make more sense. It was kinda creepy to have this guy standing there telling us all these odd little secrets about our neighbors. It all happened so fast that I would have shut him up if I would have realized all that he was going to tell me. I don't like to know people's secrets.

Edited by Tap, tap, tap

That had to be an uneasy thing to open your door to.

Last year a repo man came looking for our neighbor's car. They asked us a few questions about them and then started talking about the fact that they had been there before and started telling us about other vehicles they had repo'd from them and that they were divorced. LOL Dh had be gone for a while but we were told he had reenlisted......divorce made more sense. (I realize he may be wrong...but it does make more sense. It was kinda creepy to have this guy standing there telling us all these odd little secrets about our neighbors. It all happened so fast that I would have shut him up if I would have realized all that he was going to tell me. I don't like to know people's secrets.

It was a little odd. But, the guys were not intimidating or anything. One was at the door, the other on the porch steps, tow truck in front of my house with the engine running. He asked if I was Erin Whoever and I said no. He asked if I knew her and I said no, that I've been in this house over two years and that the previous renters were only here a short time. He asked if I ever got mail for her and I said I didn't think so. He thanked me, apologized for bothering me and left.

I knew they didn't have my car, because as narrow as my street is, the alley to my driveway is even narrower and with the snow and ice on the ground, there's no way to get into my driveway without me hearing it. And, he'd have had to maneuver quite a bit to position the tow truck to get at my car (I park crooked). So, I wasn't worried about them taking my little red car! :auto:

Be happy you didn't have the same make and model as the person who used to live there. I think they have very good descriptions of the car they are looking for with even a VIN number. They aren't interested in getting sued or shot by someone who thinks they are stealing their car. You may very well think that if you have no car loan.