Menu

Switching from SL to MFW for HS?

Hi!

I've noticed that many here use MFW for high school. I am currently using SL Core 6 for my 7th grader, and plan to use Core 7 for 8th grade. I'm wondering what switching to MFW for 9th grade would look like. Would we have any gaps doing this? And which MFW level would I use?

Thanks in advance! :)

If you're doing SL, you shouldn't have any trouble with the amount of reading or with understanding the grid assignments. (You'll probably love that there's only one grid for all subjects.)

Writing is the only other challenge I've heard mentioned. Are you doing the SL writing assignments? If so, I imagine you'll be fine. (I've used SL-100 but didn't use their writing, so it's somewhat of a guess there.)

Starting a 9th grader with "the beginning" (Ancient History & Lit) is going to be the most successful path.

I'm really enjoying MFW high school as compared to the other high school programs I used with my older dd. It has literature, but there is room for individual choices. It also adds clear assignments for mapping, timeline, writing, etc. And most of all, it schedules the entire Old Testament as a relevant historical text.

Julie

If you're doing SL, you shouldn't have any trouble with the amount of reading or with understanding the grid assignments. (You'll probably love that there's only one grid for all subjects.)

Writing is the only other challenge I've heard mentioned. Are you doing the SL writing assignments? If so, I imagine you'll be fine. (I've used SL-100 but didn't use their writing, so it's somewhat of a guess there.)

Starting a 9th grader with "the beginning" (Ancient History & Lit) is going to be the most successful path.

I'm really enjoying MFW high school as compared to the other high school programs I used with my older dd. It has literature, but there is room for individual choices. It also adds clear assignments for mapping, timeline, writing, etc. And most of all, it schedules the entire Old Testament as a relevant historical text.

Julie

Thank you, Julie! That is very helpful!