Menu

What's with the ads?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mamao32001

Progeny Press or Total Language Plus?

Which one do you use (or prefer)? I've used some Progeny Press guides and am considering Total Language Plus also for next year. My dd will be in 8th grade and is a slower reader (painfully slow from my stand point!). Any help, much appreciated!

Cheri

I have never used TLP, but I think the Progeny Press are fabulous!

I also find lots of free ones on the internet. They're pretty easy to find.

They are very different. TLP has more variety (reading comprehension, writing topics, activity ideas, spelling, vocabulary, grammar...) but I think PP has better questions (a deeper level of understanding.)

I also find lots of free ones on the internet. They're pretty easy to find.

Just google them? I did find one by accident this way once and it was very strange! I think it was for college students. The themes weren't any I had encountered when I had read the book! Don't even remember which title.

Thanks for your input.

Cheri

Just google them? I did find one by accident this way once and it was very strange! I think it was for college students. The themes weren't any I had encountered when I had read the book! Don't even remember which title.

Thanks for your input.

Cheri

Here's a list of free online lit guides I use.

We love PP guides. I love the comprehension questons which require thinking along with the vocab, literary terms and life application questions. However, if you are looking for a more complete program which includes grammar and such, I would choose TLP.

We love PP guides. I love the comprehension questons which require thinking along with the vocab, literary terms and life application questions. However, if you are looking for a more complete program which includes grammar and such, I would choose TLP.

Hello Sweet babay (K)! I didnt know you hung out over here! Welcome!!

Sorry I have nothing to add to the topic here folks... Just had to say hi!!

Here are some I've bookmarked/used:

Some are lists to other links.

Thank you, thank you! The first link looks very good:thumbup:.

We really liked the PP guides also. I guess with not having the TLP in front of me, it was difficult for me to compare. I appreciate the explanation.

Cheri

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER & RECEIVE A COUPON FOR
10% OFF
We respect your privacy.You’ll hear about new products, special discounts & sales, and homeschooling tips. *Coupon only valid for first-time registrants. Coupon cannot be combined with any other offer. Entering your email address makes you eligible to receive future promotional emails.
0 Shares
Tweet
Pin