Menu

Age at Menopause?

Guest Cheryl in SoCal

How old were you when menopause was over?  

1. 1. How old were you when menopause was over?

• 40-41
    • 42-43
    • 44-45
    • 46-47
    • 48-49
    • 50-51
    • 52-53
    • 54-55
    • 56-57
    • 58-59

Guest Cheryl in SoCal
I can't vote, because I have not reached menopause. However, I am in perimenopause at only 31 - it happens early in my family. My mom was finished with menopause at 45 or so. I will be glad when it is over. I am curious to see how many votes the younger ages get.

Me too! My mother was 60 or 61 so I'm not feeling hopeful but a girl can hope, right?

I gave birth to DS at 41 and went straight from pregnancy into menopause; I was post-menopausal at 43. It was a very rough pregnancy and delivery and my body just shut down afterward; my cycles never returned. I suppose the silver lining was that I never went through the usual symptoms of menopause — no night sweats, crazy hormones, mood swings, etc. (although I had a clingy, colicky baby and severe sleep deprivation!). By the time DS was two and we'd recovered enough to try again, it was all over. :(

Jackie

Guest Cheryl in SoCal
My mom started having symptoms in her 40s and was in her mid 60s when she had her last cycle. Yah, something to think about.

Lalalalalalala....I'm not listening!:lol:

Guest Cheryl in SoCal
You should have perhaps added younger ages. I am not but my mother was at my age (36).

Wow, I thought putting the age down to 40 was wishful thinking. I'm an RN so you'd think I'd have more of a clue but when I worked the mean age of my patients was 80 so it wasn't something I dealt with, and I don't remember anything about menopause in nursing school.

Guest Cheryl in SoCal
I had heart surgery when I was 46. Before surgery, I had normal cycles. Afterwards, nothing -- including no hot flashes or other symptoms. Something flipped the switch.

Wow:001_huh: On another note, any news about Frostie this evening?! I've been following your thread and praying for him but have been afraid to check since the latest turn of events:crying: