Menu

Hi there

Guest Englishman

Guest Englishman

Hi,

Only joined today. We have one teenager and live in the UK. Just wondered...is the forum for ladies only? Dont seem many men on here!

Thanks

Englishman

Hi,

Only joined today. We have one teenager and live in the UK. Just wondered...is the forum for ladies only? Dont seem many men on here!

Thanks

Englishman

Welcome, Englishman :seeya:

While there are very few of us men posting here, I have not found my gender to be overly upsetting to the ladies around here. I find I can upset them much more by what I write! :tongue_smilie:

The following advice is free (and worth every pence, no doubt!):

1) This group will discuss ANYTHING, including topics you may have never heard discussed IRL.

2) No matter what opinion you have on a subject, you will find posters here who share that opinion.

3) No matter what opinion you have on a subject, you will find posters here who have the *exact* opposite view to the one you have.

4) Discussions about teA are not about tea, unless they are about tea.

5) Same with discussions about 'bOOks' and 'bOOkshelves. (Note: The hive writes these words as 'booKs' and 'booKshelves', indicating character substitution. While that may be clear to a homeschooling mom, I would prefer they convert to this new form so that dads, who are often more visually-oriented, will more easily get the "picture" and be warned off! :tongue_smilie:)

6) Grammar and spelling errors should be avoided at all costs! There are LOTS of teachers here with their rulers out ready to rap your knuckles!

7) No husband bashing! Though I've been known to get away with it! :D

8) If you post a poll asking a 'Yes' or 'No' question, you MUST also include a third option: 'Other'. (O.K. I TOTALLY DO NOT GET THIS ONE, and often I break this rule. This apparently has something to do with some part of the make-up of women that I have never quite fathomed. Anyway, just trust me on this, these women gotta have their 'Other'!!)

1) This group will discuss ANYTHING, including topics you may have never heard discussed IRL.

2) No matter what opinion you have on a subject, you will find posters here who share that opinion.

3) No matter what opinion you have on a subject, you will find posters here who have the *exact* opposite view to the one you have.

5) Same with discussions about 'bOOks' and 'bOOkshelves. (Note: The hive writes these words as 'booKs' and 'booKshelves', indicating character substitution. While that may be clear to a homeschooling mom, I would prefer they convert to this new form so that dads, who are often more visually-oriented, will more easily get the "picture" and be warned off! :tongue_smilie:)

6) Grammar and spelling errors should be avoided at all costs! There are LOTS of teachers here with their rulers out ready to rap your knuckles!

8) If you post a poll asking a 'Yes' or 'No' question, you MUST also include a third option: 'Other'. (O.K. I TOTALLY DO NOT GET THIS ONE, and often I break this rule. This apparently has something to do with some part of the make-up of women that I have never quite fathomed. Anyway, just trust me on this, these women gotta have their 'Other'!!)

[snort :lol: (secret-giver!)]

Welcome, Englishman! Everyone is welcome at The Hive!

Welcome, Englishman :seeya:

While there are very few of us men posting here, I have not found my gender to be overly upsetting to the ladies around here. I find I can upset them much more by what I write! :tongue_smilie:

:lol::lol::lol: I think your typing of bOOks actually makes a lot of sense. hehe As for the polls, there has to be an "other". There just does. Other allows for grey areas that the black and white yes or no polls doesn't account for. :)

We've got "Barry Goldwater", "Spycar", and "Father of Pearl" here and we welcome you! It's always exciting to have the male perspective.

We have a tendency to talk about some really "girly" stuff, but we do have some great discussions on a variety of topics that you will hopefully find interesting and as we are an opinionated lot, you will get lot of ideas if you ask for them.

Glad to have you on board!

Someday PM "the guys" so they can welcome our new friend.

Faith

Reg, that looks immodest! :001_smile:
Precisely! A VISUAL cue! I've seen women post in those threads not knowing the secret meaning of those words. I have sleepless nights worrying about the possibility of a poor dad stumbling into one of those unaware! :D
You ought to put up a poll.
Right! :glare: Can you imagine how many 'Other' spellings I would get in such a poll? Plus I tend to get "discussions" from MomsintheGarden when I start participating in such topics. ;)

Just be a Man, and don't put Other in your poll! The rest of us will understand, believe me!
Um...I think you forgot your smiley there... ;)

And I think what you really meant was: "Just be a Man, and don't put Other in your poll! We would be happy to bludgeon you to death with a blunt object!" :D

(Note to Englishman: The above has nothing to do with gender. Women also receive beatings for not putting the 'Other' option in their polls.)

And I think what you really meant was: "Just be a Man, and don't put Other in your poll! We would be happy to bludgeon you to death with a blunt object!" :D

I am prepared to sit back, relax, and watch what happens. :D Don't worry, I'll vote, too!

On that chore poll, someone forgot to put "All of the above". That was just as bad as not putting "Other". I had to think about it, sift through the options, when I want to choose all of them! Then I remembered that no one was offering a chore fairy to take over that one chore for me. Whew! My answer no longer mattered as much. :001_smile:

Edited by RoughCollie

• 2 weeks later...