Menu

Government and Economics with AO

I was considering using Ambleside Online next year for History and Literature.

For History so far, I've done:

9th- World History I

10th- U.S. Hist. 1

11th- U.S. Hist. 2

For English so far, I've done:

9th- English I (main focus on Comp. and Grammar)

10th- English II (main focus on Rhetoric and Greek tragedies/Shakespeare)

11th- American Literature

Government and Economics is a requirement in my state, so I plan to do that next year. I am just not sure how I could work that out with Ambleside Online.

I know AO has Government and Economics as a separate thing from History, but how would that work out on a transcript? Would I have 2 History credits (one Government Economics, and one of the History for that year)?

I'm also not sure what year to use. Because the colleges I am applying to only require 4 years of English, and 2-3 years of History with no specific requirements, I'm sure it won't matter but I also don't want my studies to be all over the place, KWIM?

Obviously, whatever year I choose, History and Literature will go together, I'm just confused about the Government and Economics part.

Looking at what I've done in History and Literature, what year would you suggest? Should I not worry about that and just choose what I would enjoy more?

Thanks.