Menu

Cheap art masterpieces to hang on the wall?

Hunter

Calendars of many artists should be on clearance right now at some of the major brick and mortar bookstores. Ambleside Online also has links for their art studies. You could have these printed out as 4 X 6 prints or even up to 8 X 12.

Editing...

If you're up to thrift store shopping, you can usually find at least one art compilation book. You could cut these out and mount them to black poster board (from Dollar Tree)---cheap!

I started doing composer studies with my kids this year. I ordered 11 x 14 prints from the National Gallery of Art for $5 each.

In our case, I really wanted prints that the Nat'l Gallery of Art had in their possession so that we could go and see the originals when we were done with our study.

Lisa

DH and the kids have been doing jigsaw puzzles and framing them to put on the walls. Not the cheapest way if you're buying the puzzles new (I agree that old calendars are likely the best for that), but if you can find a good secondhand source, it could work well, and encourage them to really look at the work in the process of putting it together.