Menu

What great movies have you seen lately?

DH and I go to the movies often. The last we saw was The Black Swan which was good , but really "out there". Before that we saw How Do You Know with Reese Witherspoon which was a complete waste of money. Thinking of seeing Little Fockers, but the not-so-great reviews leave me hesitant.

We also see movies frequently, and unfortunately I haven't seen any in quite a while that have really moved me.

Little Fockers was just ok. Not a waste of money, but would have been fine as a rental.

I enjoyed True Grit, but...well...I already knew the story.

My favorite recently was "The Fighter." Christian Bale, in particular, was fantastic in his role.

Saw King's Speech--very, very good. Rush deserves the Oscar, imo.

Also saw True Grit--the dialog is done in such an interesting way, and the characters are well-acted.

For a dvd rental, Winter's Bone is haunting and terrific--contains drug use, language, and very bleak outlook, but it's fantastic.

Ds said 127 Hours is fierce, beautiful filmmaking--he thinks Franco should get the Oscar for Best Actor. Haven't seen it, myself.

I really liked True Grit.

I want to see that one too. :)

We recently saw The King's Speech. We enjoyed it!

I saw that and really enjoyed it too. I always think of the royals as so privileged and living life in a bubble so it was fascinating to see his story and his struggles and how they were amplified BECAUSE he was the king. I walked away from that movie amazed with the speech because it was one that he couldn't blow. He had to somehow rise to the challenge and overcome it. There was no other option. I really loved that movie and am definitely going to purchase it when it comes on DVD. It was great. :) Geoffrey Rush was brilliant as was Colin Firth and Helena Bonham Carter was great too. :)

we saw How Do You Know with Reese Witherspoon which was a complete waste of money.

I agree. My mom & I went to see it. Blech.

Dd & I saw Season of the Witch yesterday. Another dud. Didn't like it at all. Really bad.

Haven't seen many really good movies lately. Inception is the last one I can think of....

I do want to see a few that are out though...

The King's Speech

The Fighter

maybe the Fockers movie

inception & knight and day were good. we received them through netflix. we recently saw chronicles of narnia, tron, and gulliver's travels in the theater. they were all good, but worth waiting for video (unless you plan to see tron in 3D of course).

ETA - my kids were gone for a week, so my husband and i had 2 date nights to the movies (narnia & tron). that never happens though....we really aren't movie theater addicts.

DH and I really enjoyed HBO's "Temple Grandin." She's an amazing woman, and the biopic is well done.

This just came in the mail from Netflix. I plan to watch it tomorrow after my surgery.

Yesterday, I watched "PS. I love you" and cried through the whole. dang. movie! I get emotional just thinking about it! :001_rolleyes:

True Grit was excellent. My Dh and I both loved it, as did my brother and my 19 yo daughter.

I am really not into westerns, but have thought about seeing this one anyway since it had such amazing reviews. Were you into western type movies? If not, did the storyline keep your attention in itself?

We also see movies frequently, and unfortunately I haven't seen any in quite a while that have really moved me.

Little Fockers was just ok. Not a waste of money, but would have been fine as a rental.

I enjoyed True Grit, but...well...I already knew the story.

My favorite recently was "The Fighter." Christian Bale, in particular, was fantastic in his role.

Thank you for mentioning The Fighter! I have wanted to see it but was being cautious since nothing I have seen lately have I found to be really great.

Now I have to check it out this weekend.