Menu

Hanging towels in bedrooms?

Does anyone hang towels in bedrooms? This seems like a silly (and obvious) question -- I mean, if you have enough people sharing a bathroom, you *have* to do this, right? I have just never seem towel rods in bedrooms, and am having a hard time picturing alternatives. We are moving to a house where dh and I will be sharing a small bathroom (not much wall space for lots of rods) with several children. I don't want our towels in the bathroom anyway, b/c I know questionably clean hands will get wiped on them (ick). So, where in your bedroom do you put towel rods??? How do you make it look bedroomy?

By the way, yes, I have taught them how to wash their hands but... they're boys. They aren't the most fastidious.

We have large hooks in our bathroom instead of rods. We live in a dry enough climate that we don't need the towel to be spread on a rod. We also hang towels on the backs of bedroom doors. The key, of course, is remembering to take the towel with you when you take a shower.

Thank you, everyone! I have never had much success with hooks. I guess our climate isn't dry enough because towels quickly smell bad if I use hooks to hang them. But I like the idea of rods on the back of the bedroom door. And yes, I can definitely see myself getting in the shower without having grabbed my towel on the way. Every new house is a chance to feel muddled for a few months, isn't it?

We have hooks on the bedroom doors for towels. Most of the time the doors are open, so you can't even see the towels!

This is what we do as well. Teaching them to develop the habit of bringing their towel to the bathroom before the get in the shower will be your next challenge. :D Then teaching them to hang the towel back on the hook instead of dropping it on the bedroom floor.

We have a blanket holder type of thing in each bedroom for towels. We have some similar to the first one. I see they also have some standing towel racks. http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/search/search.aspx/blanket-stand/?sstr=blanket+stand&dim=1&nty=1& Whoa! I didn't pay anything close to that for them though.

My mom did install a towel rack in each bedroom behind the door to the room.

Edited by Lolly

Thank you, everyone! I have never had much success with hooks. I guess our climate isn't dry enough because towels quickly smell bad if I use hooks to hang them. But I like the idea of rods on the back of the bedroom door. And yes, I can definitely see myself getting in the shower without having grabbed my towel on the way. Every new house is a chance to feel muddled for a few months, isn't it?

You could also afix two clips to opposite corners of the top of the back of the door. A corner of the towel could be clipped to each one, so the towel would hang down the whole back of the door.

We have two towel racks in our bathroom. One up high for Dh and I, and a double towel rack lower for the kids. Two kids towels in the front rack, and another on the back rack.

We have a separate hand towel for washing hands. This prevents the kids from using my (or someone else's towel) to dry their hands, for the same reason as the OP. :tongue_smilie: We change hand towels often, and before guests come over. lol

Well, depending on the type of closet doors you have, perhaps you could use those over the door racks and hang towels on the back of the room door or closet door. I don't think I'd hang them in the closet because it might cause moisture issues over time. On the good side, if you have gas heat and/or your home is dry in winter, then the towels in the rooms will actually help add some moisture throughout the house and help ward off the dry, itchy skin of winter....