Menu

Calling fellow bread bakers, question about greasing pans

Hi all,

Well after I came out of my fog and sold my Kitchenaid Pro 5, which I had bought after selling a Bosch Universal (Yes I was a total goober on that one) I received my new Bosch Universal Plus (and it's gorgeous) I dug out the bread pans which I haven't used since last year because the KA just couldn't handle my large batches and I use white bread flour at the moment ( I plan to eventually get a nutrimill and grind my own wheat) I have a question about them. They are all sticky from the residue of "Pam" overspray. I would like to find a better alternative because I hate that sticky goo.

What do you all use to grease your pans. I have nice Norpro dimpled pans which I love, but hate the stickiness that has come upon them.

What do you all use to grease your pans. I have nice Norpro dimpled pans which I love, but hate the stickiness that has come upon them.

I use butter to grease metal or glass bread pans. I don't want a layer of oil or margarine or shortening on my bread, but a little butter is just fine with me. It works well, and the pans clean entirely in the dishwasher. I am not sure what you would use for stoneware pans, though.

Thanks ladies.

I've never put them in the dishwasher because I wasn't sure if they were dishwasher safe. I normally don't wash them after each use because I did remember the instructions saying to just wipe them out and wash only occasionally. I like butter, I usually brush the tops of my bread with melted butter after they come out of the oven to help soften them, so I'll try a few with that to grease them and a few without greasing to see how it goes.