Menu

Is there a way to delete post?

Once a post is a little bit old it can no longer be edited and so I am getting PMs for things I had listed on the for sale board ages ago. I did post a reply that the item has sold, but people don't always read all the way down. I wonder if we could have a delete feature added?

Once a post is a little bit old it can no longer be edited and so I am getting PMs for things I had listed on the for sale board ages ago. I did post a reply that the item has sold, but people don't always read all the way down. I wonder if we could have a delete feature added?

If you edit and then go advanced I think you can edit your title and post to "item sold!"

eta: Most of the boards I have been on do not allow people to entirely delete for sale posts because it would make it more difficult to track bad sellers.

• 1 month later...

Perhaps this is slightly repetative to what's already been said, but you can also edit the original message to simply "sold". Then when someone is looking, and moves their cursor over your post, they will see the "sold" message and perhaps save themselves some time by not clicking on it.

Perhaps this is slightly repetative to what's already been said, but you can also edit the original message to simply "sold". Then when someone is looking, and moves their cursor over your post, they will see the "sold" message and perhaps save themselves some time by not clicking on it.

Once the post has been up for a while, the edit option goes away so you can no longer edit it. For instance I can no longer edit the original post in this thread. The edit button is gone.

• 5 months later...