Menu

Picture ID for the SAT

A passport requires both parents to show up at the PO at the same time with said minor, photos and applications to the tune of close to $100 and then a 6 week waiting period unless you pay extra.

What I was hoping for, was for someone to tell me that the notarized form from the SAT worked, or that they made a homeschool ID from the Homeschool Buyers Coop and that was accepted or, idk...

A passport requires both parents to show up at the PO at the same time with said minor, photos and applications to the tune of close to $100 and then a 6 week waiting period unless you pay extra.

What I was hoping for, was for someone to tell me that the notarized form from the SAT worked, or that they made a homeschool ID from the Homeschool Buyers Coop and that was accepted or, idk...

:001_huh:

I think she was suggesting that if you had a passport already, that would suffice. If you don't, I doubt she was saying you should go get one in lieu of another photo ID.

Honestly I would call the school where your student will take the SAT (or is this tomorrow? sorry I'm out of touch with the dates) to know exactly what they will and won't accept as photo ID.

I don't know how much time you have, but if you go to the homeschoolbuyerscoop.com, you can purchase a school ID for $6.95.

You fill in their template and upload your own picture. About a week later, a laminated school ID shows up in the mail. It was so easy and worth the price.

Guest Cheryl in SoCal
:001_huh:

I think she was suggesting that if you had a passport already, that would suffice. If you don't, I doubt she was saying you should go get one in lieu of another photo ID.

Honestly I would call the school where your student will take the SAT (or is this tomorrow? sorry I'm out of touch with the dates) to know exactly what they will and won't accept as photo ID.

That was my impression as well. We all have current US Passports and I forget that not everybody does as well.

I too would call the school and find out what they will accept.

Has anyone just gone the notary way w/ the form from the SAT site - did it work? What are my other options if I don't want to wait in line for hours at the DMV.

Thanks

My twins got a state ID. We were in and out in under 30 minutes and it only cost $10. It is good for 4 years and by that time I hope they will have their driver's license.