Menu

Does anyone want to share their book basket?

Cindyz

I don't have a photo of ours handy but it's basically just a bin. One day I will choose the books and the next day he will choose the books. When I choose the books, I will include at least one book that I know is very easy for him to read, one that I know will get him excited and then something for science, something for history and something that I know he hasn't looked at for awhile. When he chooses, it's usually the same things over and over.

Does anyone else care to share how they do book basket? I would love to see photos if anyone has one handy.

Thank you!

I don't know how to do pics :confused: but I have a bin similar to this (I can't find mine). It sits right on my kitchen counter. This has been nice because they are mostly library books and I can keep better tabs on them. I refresh the selections every 3 weeks or so. My kids are the 'put the book down during dinner' type so I don't do anything but make books available. They just migrate there in their free time and read.

I like that basket. Thank you! I think our problem is that my guy wants to carry the bin around and it's really just too big. I need something a little smaller and maybe with handles to make it more manageable. At this age, he can sit and read several books in a sitting.

Do you think he would like a book bag - maybe a backpack? It might be hard to search through though (I'm thinking as I write:tongue_smilie:). Maybe you could just put a few in at a time or find one with two pockets so books could be moved to one pocket after they are read. Mine love to read them over and over too so you could make that motivation. Once you have read everything you are free to reread whatever you like. Just some random thoughts.:)