Menu

Autism/vaccine link a fraud (as reported on CNN...)

I think we can talk about this till we are blue in the face. I think everyone can sit and say whatever they want. I also feel that those of us who had a happy, healthy, beautiful and advanced child suffer more than anyone knows when we watched that light pretty much die. I think every time it is brought up and people wanna judge those who won't vaccinate don't have a clue how we feel. People make choices based on what they have seen, it is that simple. I watch a boy on a TV screen that laughs, plays, smiles and at 1 yelled at me across a table that he was his mommy's heart and soul. I watch the same boy at 3 on a TV screen in a room of children but he was all alone unable to speak anymore back in diapers, living in a world I could not go. He changed when he had that shot, that is all I know that is all that matters to me. I know the day will come that God will give me the answer on what happened to my baby but until then, I think we should all just let it go and live. We can spend years trying to argue facts and statistics but in the end we have to live. Some of us have to live with children who drastically changed after that shot some of us don't. I can't change the past only learn from it. My heart and soul tells me it is a topic as worthless as the paper it is printed on and to live. I am gonna go watch him play a game and I doubt I will ever remark on this subject again. To those moms with awesome special kids, you are blessed. Even when it is hard, when you wanna give up and cry You are blessed!!! I know I am. It don't matter what got us here we are here with our babies and we are blessed.

My precious nephew was a perfectly normal/average little guy (2-ish) until his shot. He was profoundly different by the next day's end and sick for several days. He is 13 today and will never be independent. They are using natural health therapy to lessen the effects and level of his Autism but the damage is done.

ETA: I bet that sounded kinda snippity, I meant it as sad.

I can't bring myself to trust the declarations of "experts" and "media".

Blessings...

Edited by Kirstin

I don't think that CNN is calling your experience a fraud. It sounds like they are saying that, because he falsified data.....his report is now in question.

:iagree:

I wasn't trying to open a can of worms by posting the link or to detract from people who have personally dealt w/ all these issues. I thought it was an interesting article/development because there is so much public debate about it.

Whether or not the researcher believes in the vaccine/autism link or not, he did a big disservice to everyone (regardless of which side of the argument you take) by falsifying data in return for a payout. Imo.

I know that we all have the right to post such here. But we've had so many of these posts here and it's like telling these same parents (of vax injured children) that what happened to their children didn't really happen. That is hurtful. I say this as a mother who nearly lost her daughter to a vaccination. I'm fortunate and, through many sleepless nights monitoring my baby and being there to restart her breathing (and thanking God that I would just happen to wake up when I'd fall asleep and she had stopped breathing again), today have a completely healthy child. But I have friends with vax-related autistic children and my husband has two autistic nephews...these families go through a lot. I don't think we need to keep tossing this in their faces. We've had this debate so many times on this board and each side is happy where they are at, making the best decision for THEIR children and for THEIR medical histories and for THEIR circumstances....on all sides.

(and please forgive, I apparently crossposted with you)

Testimony of the parents of children involved in Wakefield's retracted research:

“All of the investigations were carried out without distress to our children, many of whom made great improvements on treatment so that for the first time in years they were finally pain free.

http://www.omsj.org/corruption/another-doctor-charged-with-pharma-heresy

Whether or not the researcher believes in the vaccine/autism link or not, he did a big disservice to everyone (regardless of which side of the argument you take) by falsifying data in return for a payout. Imo.

True.

However, I also like to point out that not all of those who delay or selectively vaccinate do so because of concerns about autism. The media tends to oversimplify the reasons behind parents' vaccine decisions.