Menu

Mindstorms Curriculum

I have one more Lego Mindstorms question. We decided to go with the home version since it has quite a few more pieces. There are two sensors not included with it that are in the education kit, but they can add them later if they want them. My question is, does anyone have a curriculum recommendation to use with this to turn it into a better robotics course instead of just lets build and program this cool stuff.

DH has looked through all the stuff on the lego site and didn't find anything. The Carnegie Melon curriculum is over $200 to go with NXT. I sent him the link someone posted for the 4H curriculum, but from a quick look, I wasn't impressed with that. Does anyone have any other ideas or anything they used?

I looked long and hard to find a good book for dc. We ended up getting The LEGO Mindstorms NXT 2.0 Discovery Book, and they are working through it. It is wonderful, and you could use it as a curriculum. It is helpful for beginners, and my ds is using it for that, but my girls have been doing FLL for two years, and they are still finding the last half of the book new and helpful.

I sent him the link someone posted for the 4H curriculum, but from a quick look, I wasn't impressed with that.

Unless this curriculum has been revised within the past year, it is based on the RCX platform, not the NXT, so it would not apply to you.