Menu

Now Available from PHP - Telling God's Story

TN Mama

Product Description

By Peter Enns

The first level in a twelve-level series designed to take young students from elementary through high school, Telling God’s Story: Year One provides weekly lessons for young elementary-grade students, based on the parables and the Gospels. The Instructor Text and Teaching Guide contains pithy, content-filled background information for the teacher, a biblical passage to read aloud, and a scripted explanation of the passage designed especially for young children to grasp with ease. The accompanying Activity Book provides historically accurate coloring pages, learning projects, and group activities to fill out an entire week of home, school, or Sunday School study. When combined with the Activity Book, this Year One curriculum provides an entire year of religious instruction.

Product Description

By Peter Enns

The first level in a twelve-level series designed to take young students from elementary through high school, Telling God’s Story: Year One provides weekly lessons for young elementary-grade students, based on the parables and the Gospels. The Instructor Text and Teaching Guide contains pithy, content-filled background information for the teacher, a biblical passage to read aloud, and a scripted explanation of the passage designed especially for young children to grasp with ease. The accompanying Activity Book provides historically accurate coloring pages, learning projects, and group activities to fill out an entire week of home, school, or Sunday School study. When combined with the Activity Book, this Year One curriculum provides an entire year of religious instruction.

Thanks! I don't know how I missed that....probably because I'm coloring Bert and Cookie Monster with DD. :lol:

I just read all of the samples and they are excellent. His approach and writing style are engaging. I want to read more . . . I'm in! Don't know that we'd use it as curriculum but I'm curious enough to read the Core text and learn more about the writer. :001_smile:

Edited by abrightmom

This looks so AWESOME!!! I was wondering if anyone is thinking of using this book multi-level....

I like doing our Bible studies as a family. Is there any extras to beef it up for older kids?? (mainly my 6th grader.)

Faithe

I'm interested in that as well Faithe....I went ahead and ordered all three books. I have a 2nd grader and a 6th grader.

Here is a bit of information about the author from Amazon's site:

"Peter Enns holds a Ph.D. in Ancient Near Eastern Languages and Literature from Harvard and has taught in both university and seminary classrooms for over fifteen years. He and his wife Susan live in Pennsylvania and are the parents of three children."