Menu

DC area hs'ers Cool Thing Alert!!

The Hirshhorn museum has some very cool "artlab" classes throughout the year, and a weeklong one in April. . . According to my friend who docents there, they have amazing, all new, computer systems & very cool classes. They are all TOTALLY FREE.

http://hirshhorn.si.edu/calendar/list.asp?key=4&event_type=6&event_type_name=Programs+for+Teens

I no longer live in the area, but my mom is still in NoVA, and I've signed my 14yo up for the weeklong animation class in April. (She'll stay with my mom for the week. My mom will do art museums on her own while dd does the classes; they'll ride transport, etc together.)

The app. is online & very simple. There is a "why do you want to take this class" kind of free response question. I had dd write a short (4 paragraph) essay for that. We heard back within the day that she is all set!! No waiting for application review, so it must be first come - first served to a large degree. So, if the class looks good, sign up ASAP!

I hope this is helpful to others. . . If we lived closer, I think we'd try to take advantage of many/most/all of the classes!

PM me if anyone else ends up with a kid signing up for the animation class!