Menu

Quiverof10, did your ear ringing ever clear up?

If anyone else has had this, and done something to clear it up, that actually worked.....I'd love to know what you did!!! My dh has this. I'm wondering if a chiropractor could do anything to help with this??

One thing my ds discovered has been amazing for me because it stops the ringing within seconds, every single time. I've never heard of it before, and it might not work for chronic ringers, but it always works for us.

I simply press the spot right behind the ear, where the back of my ear meets my head. There's a slight "dent' in the cartilage, and I press in that dent and hold for several seconds. The ringing fades and is gone.

I know nothing about what causes ringing in the ear (nerves? blood circulation problems? something else?) But this is certainly worth a try! Let me know if it works for your dd.

Tinnitus or ringing in the ears can be a symptom of hearing loss. If you have ringing in your ears, please see an audiologist or ENT and have your hearing evaluated. Even if you don't think you are having hearing problems, it is good to have an evaluation as other things can cause tinnitus, plus it is hard to realize what you aren't hearing because you aren't hearing it, KWIM?

I have tinnitus from my hearing loss and wearing my hearing aids helps. It is much louder without my aids in.

Something I have heard before about the ringing in ears is that it is the sound of your nerve cells in your inner ear dying.

I agree with Tamara about seeing a doctor. I thought I was just loosing my hearing and having a little tinnitus due to being in my 50s. Finally I mentioned it to my doctor and had an MRI. I have an acoustic neuroma, benign, but poorly placed. Who knew you could have a tumor on the nerves between your brain and ear? This is particular to one sided hearing loss.

I'm sorry! I was hoping that maybe when life settled down (I know, hilarious joke! :P ) it would get a little better or leave. Mine seems to be sticking around, too. Thankfully, in a house full of people there are very rarely quiet times when I really notice it! LOL

I agree with Tamara about seeing a doctor. I thought I was just loosing my hearing and having a little tinnitus due to being in my 50s. Finally I mentioned it to my doctor and had an MRI. I have an acoustic neuroma, benign, but poorly placed. Who knew you could have a tumor on the nerves between your brain and ear? This is particular to one sided hearing loss.

Depending on the results of my next hearing test in Feb/Mar, I may be having an MRI to determine whether or not an acoustic neuroma is the cause for my hearing loss and tinnitus. Are you doing anything for the neuroma or just monitoring it?

I'm sorry! I was hoping that maybe when life settled down (I know, hilarious joke! :P ) it would get a little better or leave. Mine seems to be sticking around, too. Thankfully, in a house full of people there are very rarely quiet times when I really notice it! LOL

No kidding! It's never qiet here either :D

I did go to an ENT when the ringing first started and he said my hearing was fine and there wasn't anything he could do. However, since then I have noticed I can't hear as well and can't hear certain tones such as a thermometer beep unless I hold the thermometer right next to my right ear. My left ear is much worse as far as hearing even though the ringing in consant in the right and only every now and then in the left. The left ear is always blocked too. I think my sinus issues led to the ringing.

Edited by Quiver0f10