Menu

Ancient World Series?

Have you used these? My library only has the ones on Rome & Egypt (& not at my branch), but I noticed on Amazon last night, there are a lot more to the series. I'd love to look at them first, but from the samples on Amazon, they look great (for what I want).

I've spent the most time looking at the one on Ancient China, so if you can comment on that one, that would be awesome.

Also, I really liked the Usborne Encyclopedia of Ancient Egypt, & I'm kind-of wondering how that book compares to the Egyptian World book.

Lots of threads on this series. I have only seen one in person (library), but really liked the looks of it. I have the Ancient & Middle Ages complete sets in my Amazon cart.

Do a search for World in Ancient Times (I searched just in titles) and you'll pull up a few threads. Lots of great info.

Here is one thread from the search:

http://welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189864

Lots of threads on this series. I have only seen one in person (library), but really liked the looks of it. I have the Ancient & Middle Ages complete sets in my Amazon cart.

Do a search for World in Ancient Times (I searched just in titles) and you'll pull up a few threads. Lots of great info.

Here is one thread from the search:

http://welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189864

Thank you so much--that's a great thread! I'd been searching & had found a few that mentioned the series, but none this good.

And rats. I thought I'd discovered something new. :lol: