Menu

I don't get this.

I thought the whole thing was a scam. They probably teased that poor little girl 'til she cried then videoed it in hopes someone in the industry would see it so the family would get their 15 minutes of fame. Which seems like what happened.

Yes, I'm a cynic, but I can't see any other point of putting the video on YouTube.

I got through about 56 seconds of it before I had to shut it off. :glare:

I don't suppose anyone's seen the shirts in The Children's Place that say "Future Mrs. Bieber"? :D

My girls don't even know who he is.

SpecialMama and I saw those at Walmart. :001_huh:

Diva calls him, "Beaver, the semi aquatic mammal" She freaked out when she saw flyers with Bieber dolls, towels and t shirts. The towels really sent her over the edge, "Why would you want to dry off on some guy's face?!"

If my 3 year old or my 10 year old did that, I'd tell them if he causes to them to act like that, he is banned from the house.

Well, my dd acted similarly when she was around 3 or 4. Not over JB, but over the little boy next door. He's the same age and they're best buddies. And once in awhile she'd get herself worked up over how much she loved him and missed him and wished she could see him more. We haven't banned him from coming over, though. :D

I thought the whole thing was a scam. They probably teased that poor little girl 'til she cried then videoed it in hopes someone in the industry would see it so the family would get their 15 minutes of fame. Which seems like what happened.

Yes, I'm a cynic, but I can't see any other point of putting the video on YouTube.

That was the first thing that crossed my mind, too. Followed quickly by, "Someone needs to save that kid from herself and put her down for a nap, a good solid meal, and some fresh air."

astrid

I get that preschoolers have tantrums.

No one is arguing otherwise.

It's the concept that it is cute or let's play it up with video and coddling and giving her what caused the tantrum that mist dint get.

My preschoolers have had tantrums. But I send them to their room, or to sit on the sofa. I don't coo and hug over it, laugh, or give them what they are throwing a fit for. THAT's the part I don't get.

True. She did get a pretty amazing reward for her pretty abominable behavior, didn't she? :glare: I just don't think that Justin picking her up was "ew," as some have said.

That over the top exhausted wailing really unnerved me. Nothing cute about that. I wanted to jump through the screen and put that kid to bed! IMO encouraging that obsession to that extent is sick. I think it was a stunt and that little girl was coached and guided the whole way. Sad.

Okay, I'll admit I could only make through about 40 seconds of the kid video, and i tried, really tried to do Jimmy Kimmel's, but again, I got caught listening to the kid fall apart.

But I have to say I'm always amazed at the things kids will absolutely fall apart over. Breakdowns over the dumbest things! For instance, last Sunday night I sat down with my 8yo to just kind of talk through our Monday, since we've been on christmas break (and we do school two days and leave to see family). 8pm at night he pulled out his spelling book and started doing it so he didn't have to do it Monday. (Which I wasn't going to have him do anyway, since we were leaving in two days!)

I told him he didn't have to do it. He argued, and fought and declared he HAD to do it and when I closed the book he completely FEEL APART! OVER SPELLING! THAT HE DIDN'T HAVE TO DO!

Kids get tired. They get caught up in things. They get overly emotional. They also get obsessed over things.

Two weeks before Christmas my husband banned all talk of legos and Star Wars. Son knew there was going to be no more legos (we have plenty!) from us, Santa, or family. But he was just getting obsessed with it all with Christmas coming. He needed a forced break. We're the parents. We declared a break. He got them back this weekend and everything is fine.

So yeah, overly emotional and breakdowns over the wierdest things and obsessions over stuff. Little kids do that. That's normal.

The way society has taken to putting EVERYTHING up on youtube - that's what I find non normal! For a society always complaining about big brother watching over our shoulder and 'why do you want to know that info' we sure are happy and willing to post stuff!

As to JB - I couldn't tell you what he sings to save my life. And I'm pretty much a mainstream all radio person (rock, classic rock, alternative, pop, 80's, 90's whatever), I'm just not big into bubble gum music.

But if I ever met him on the street it would take every ounce of my being to NOT push all his hair off his face! Get a mohawk, dye it purple, shave your head, I don't care, but his hair drives me insane!!!

I think the mom encouraged the behavior by continually asking questions. I really think she wanted something worth putting on youtube. Most likely that behavior could have been stopped quickly if the mom and sister didn't keep feeding it. I think what Jimmy Kimmel did was sweet. I like Kimmel.

As for Justin Bieber, my 13 yo and his friends used to hate him, because apparently 13 year old boys are supposed to. Recently though ds told me that although he still doesn't like his songs, and still thinks he sounds like a girl, he doesn't hate him anymore. The reason? He read about Bieber visiting children's hospitals, doing benefit concerts, and donating money to the Children's Miracle Network. He said it's hard to dislike someone who does that, even if you still hate his music.

Bieber seems like a decent kid, and it's not his fault that he has that voice. If he was a normal (as in not famous) kid, he'd probably be bullied for it. He's taken something people laugh at, and made it into something positive for himself.

That was the first thing that crossed my mind, too. Followed quickly by, "Someone needs to save that kid from herself and put her down for a nap, a good solid meal, and some fresh air."

astrid

Same here. Exactly. One of my kids acts like that, I'm not running for the video camera. I'm running them to bed.

Guess we are all just too cynical to have much of a sense of humor?;)

I may be the only one, but I thought that was awesome! You have to remember that this little girl has teen sisters. My 8 yr old DD has a 17 year old sister and looks up to her and wants to be like her and do the things she does too. It's hard when you have that big of an age difference in your children.

I thought it was cute! The girl is 3 years old. In my experience 3 year olds cry over totally crazy stuff. Mine cried when I put his juice in the wrong color cup, or would cry because there were only two cups and what if they broke, etc etc. And the information at the bottom of the video says that she hadn't had a nap, and was being over emotional. She wasn't crying because of Justin Bieber, she was crying because she was a tired 3 year old and that was just the nearest trigger.

and yes, I think she likes him because her teen sisters do.

The tantrum itself wasn't disturbing. 3yo have tantrums. Big deal. I think it was disturbing that the girl thought Justin Beiber loved her and that he would call her on the phone. And now thanks to Jimmy Kimmel her unrealistic fantasties kind of "came true."

There are adults who fantasize about celebrities and think they have relationships with them and stalk them and worse.

Here's hoping the little girl grows into a woman who is able to have a satisfying, realistic, healthy relationship with her SO. I think chances would be better if her parents re-directed her faulty thought processes NOW so she's not in counseling her entire adult life.

...or maybe I'm over reacting and this is normal and she'll be normal. :001_smile:

Ya know ... what I see is not a girl obsessed with a boy issue, but a 3 year old who wants something she just can't have. I thought it was sweet she wanted him to be part of her family - not a "boy-crazy" kind of thing. At that age, my middle child would get fixated on an idea and cry for hours about it. He could not be consoled out of it, punished out of it, or ignored out of it. For him, it was the fact that we didn't live in a green house anymore (we had recently moved) or that dad went to work or that he forgot he liked his toast cut into triangles instead of squares (even after I taught him how to cut it and let him do it.)

It was not fun living with this child (and I was pregnant at the time and terribly exhausted), but he just needed to grow out of it. I think this was part of his sensory crap he was dealing with.

(And yes, I do have video of one of his "oh trauma, Dad went to work today" tantrums. But this now 14yob would need to do something pretty bad for me to post it on YouTube.)

What kind of mother thinks this behavior is cute enough to film and put on youtube?

I'm sure the mom put it on you tube because the punchline made it pretty funny.

FTR (seems to be the new acronym on this board!) I think it's the sister who put it on YouTube. The description talks about "my sister." I agree with the people who think the mom was just filming it b/c it was funny, and the older sister (like a lot of teens) posted it for the world to see. I hope she asked her mom for permission first ...

As for Justin Bieber, my 13 yo and his friends used to hate him, because apparently 13 year old boys are supposed to. Recently though ds told me that although he still doesn't like his songs, and still thinks he sounds like a girl, he doesn't hate him anymore. The reason? He read about Bieber visiting children's hospitals, doing benefit concerts, and donating money to the Children's Miracle Network. He said it's hard to dislike someone who does that, even if you still hate his music.

Bieber seems like a decent kid, and it's not his fault that he has that voice. If he was a normal (as in not famous) kid, he'd probably be bullied for it. He's taken something people laugh at, and made it into something positive for himself.

You know, I'm going to show this to my, yes, 13yo son :001_smile: He delights in making fun of Justin Bieber, as do most of his friends. I've never heard him sing, and yes, his hair drives me nuts, but I've been telling my son that Justin is probably more a victim of his parents/managers/success ... and that we should feel sympathy for him (seeing how Britney Spears, Lindsay Lohan, etc. seem to be having trouble entering adulthood ...). It's good to hear that perhaps he is a "nice kid" (like I said, I know nothing about him except the derisive comments I hear from my son -- which are usually reserved for Microsoft :D).

Well, I just cannot agree with you here.

I was a Shaun Cassidy girl, myself. :lol::lol:

:iagree:

~Laura