Menu

Workout video options

I'm looking for a workout video or videos to take back overseas with me. Ideally I'd like something that has a little variety as it will be the only workouts I get (we don't have access to a gym where we live) and is under $50. I can get weights, but not much else in the way of workout equipment. In the past I've enjoyed step aerobics, circuit type workouts (mixing cardio & weights) and yoga/stretching. I do a lot of walking on a daily basis, but would like to tone up everything, especially the belly after ds stretched it all out :D. Any and all suggestions are welcome :)!

Ideally I'd like something that has a little variety as it will be the only workouts I get (we don't have access to a gym where we live) and is under $50. I can get weights, but not much else in the way of workout equipment. In the past I've enjoyed step aerobics, circuit type workouts (mixing cardio & weights) and yoga/stretching. I do a lot of walking on a daily basis, but would like to tone up everything, especially the belly after ds stretched it all out :D. Any and all suggestions are welcome :)!

Denise Austin - Shrink Your Female Fat Zones - uses light weights and the stability ball part is optional - variety and ab work - not too difficult - some don't like her voice (I think it's funny) - collagevideo.com gives you video samples of all DVDs

Jillian Michaels - has 3 DVDs that are okay (if you're into challenging, all are effective, and have variety) - Shred is tough; No More Trouble Zones uses weights; Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism - no equipment - NMTZ is probably the best IMHO

Denise Austin also has Get Fit Daily Dozen and Ten 5-Minute Target Toners

Jari Love has a few that I love - the cover looks intimidating (a bit); variety only weights, and fabulous instruction - effective - Get Ripped and Get Ripped to the Core. I both of these and some others at Ross. Ross has great DVDs at super prices at times.

Kathy Smith is not bad either. I like her. Lift Weights to Lose Weight, etc. I have a few of those.

I would first head to Ross and see if they have good ones.

Then, depending on what others say, head to Target or Suncoast Video (has great prices also if there's a mall near you with one), or online.