Menu

Advanced phonics DVD's like Leap Frog?

Tabrett

Are there any DVD's that teach more advanced phonograms like vowel combinations, digraphs, controlled r's, ect... similar to the Leap Frog DVD's? My dc learned the ABC's so easily with Letter Factory. We have Reading Factory and it is ok. I would love something like Letter Factory that taught the rest of the phonograms. I don't want computer games.

Thanks!

ABC pocket phonics for iPad and itouch.

IPhonograms looks good, too, but is currently only available in Australia from what I can tell.

It doesn't work! Well it works fine,:lol: but my dc know I have other "fun" games on my itouch and say they are going to do the "educational" games and then I see them playing Monkey Ball or ReMovem. Same thing happens with educational computer games or web sites. They start off doing the educational stuff and always find the "coloring" page or "play" area of the game!

Are there any DVD's that teach more advanced phonograms like vowel combinations, digraphs, controlled r's, ect... similar to the Leap Frog DVD's? My dc learned the ABC's so easily with Letter Factory. We have Reading Factory and it is ok. I would love something like Letter Factory that taught the rest of the phonograms. I don't want computer games.

Thanks!

Have you looked at the Leapfrog Code Word Capers movie? It sounds more like what you're looking for.

Rock n learn phonics DVD

http://www.rocknlearn.com/html/phonics_audio_cd.htm

Between the Lions dvd

but IMO nothing replaces a good , simple phonics book , such as Phonics Pathways or Adventures in Phonics or ETC. The dvds are great as a supplement.

They have it on Netflix: Rock-n-Learn Phonics 2!!!!

We have PP's, Adventures in Phonics is on order, have tried ETC.....:lol: My dd just need some fun constant reinforcement that doesn't involve mommy! She is one of those dc who needs it repeated 100x's more than your average dc.

Have you looked at the Leapfrog Code Word Capers movie? It sounds more like what you're looking for.

Have it. The phonics are not as advanced as I need and I don't need the reading, blending part of the video. I just need something that drills phonograms. We have the blending part down. Dd needs drill, drill, drill of advanced phonograms!

Someone need to make a video just like Letter Factory for all the phonograms and not just the alphabet. Something like

"ai and ay say A. ai and ay say A. Every phonogram combo says a sound ai and ay say A."

and

igh says I. igh says I............

Sung to the leap frog alphabet sound song with Tad holding up animated flash cards:

:lol::lol::lol:

Someone need to make a video just like Letter Factory for all the phonograms and not just the alphabet. Something like

"ai and ay say A. ai and ay say A. Every phonogram combo says a sound ai and ay say A."

and

Sung to the leap frog alphabet sound song with Tad holding up animated flash cards:

I'm right with you :) DD responds really well to that type of thing.

I'm right with you :) DD responds really well to that type of thing.

If someone would make it it would sell like crazy! It doesn't have to teach any reading skills, just a fun, animated drill of the advanced phonograms with a cheesy story line and catchy songs. It could be used with ANY phonics program!

Have it. The phonics are not as advanced as I need and I don't need the reading, blending part of the video. I just need something that drills phonograms. We have the blending part down. Dd needs drill, drill, drill of advanced phonograms!

and

If someone would make it it would sell like crazy! It doesn't have to teach any reading skills, just a fun, animated drill of the advanced phonograms with a cheesy story line and catchy songs. It could be used with ANY phonics program!

:iagree:

:bigear:

It doesn't work! Well it works fine,:lol: but my dc know I have other "fun" games on my itouch and say they are going to do the "educational" games and then I see them playing Monkey Ball or ReMovem. Same thing happens with educational computer games or web sites. They start off doing the educational stuff and always find the "coloring" page or "play" area of the game!

LOL! I can see how that could happen here, too!

My dd just need some fun constant reinforcement that doesn't involve mommy! She is one of those dc who needs it repeated 100x's more than your average dc.

So does my son and 99.99% of my students.

and

:iagree:

In fact, I have thought about making one, but I am not fun. I can make movies, but only boring movies. I am working on a slightly more fun version for younger children and those who need more repetition, but it is going slowly. My daughter and son are doing the artwork for me. I have three 5 minute movies so far, and they are only slightly more fun than the others, and that is only thanks to my childrens' drawings!