Menu

Just for the record....

... I AM the only person in this house who is dexterous enough to change the toilet paper rolls when they run empty!

Faced with an empty roll, my family loses their mechanical skills and pulls out a new roll, setting it on the counter. Days pass with the empty roll staring at them while they do their business. The last fragment of paper is systematically removed from the cardboard cylinder. The roll on the counter shrinks dramatically. But, do any of them consider removing the old roll and installing the new one? NO, I say, no!

If I die, I can envision my family slowing drowning in small, brown cardboard tube that eventually spill out of the bathrooms and down the hall. I can only pray that my dh remarries quickly and that this mystery woman knows the secret to toilet paper roll replacement.

Returning you to more edifying and erudite posts,:001_smile:

Our 3-year-old son solved this by pulling all the toilet-paper holders out of the wall, and now all rolls are on the counters! :D

(Had the holes in the wall repaired and replaced the holders, and ds pulled them out again. Waiting until he grows out of it until we attempt to fix again! He does this while I'm at work and he's at home with dh, or else I'd just fix them again and enforce rules!)

... I AM the only person in this house who is dexterous enough to change the toilet paper rolls when they run empty!

Faced with an empty roll, my family loses their mechanical skills and pulls out a new roll, setting it on the counter. Days pass with the empty roll staring at them while they do their business. The last fragment of paper is systematically removed from the cardboard cylinder. The roll on the counter shrinks dramatically. But, do any of them consider removing the old roll and installing the new one? NO, I say, no!

If I die, I can envision my family slowing drowning in small, brown cardboard tube that eventually spill out of the bathrooms and down the hall. I can only pray that my dh remarries quickly and that this mystery woman knows the secret to toilet paper roll replacement.

Returning you to more edifying and erudite posts,:001_smile:

I am sure that, somewhere, there is a quantum rule that only one toilet paper roll changer can exist in one household at a time. More than one per household would cause a spatial anomaly.

Lucky you.... you're it. :D

:lol::lol: I SOOOOOOOOOOO GET THIS!

I am convinced that in a household of males mostly (DD is not around that much anymore) this is pure, unjustified bull-headedness to get me to do it because they are convinced that toilet paper is much more important to me than to them.

I have considered possibly not replacing the toilet paper for days and hiding all of the remaining rolls, entering the bathroom with TP in my pockets for personal my use, and promising to divulge the location of the rolls when they promise, on pain of blood shed, to engage in toilet paper replacement.

Faith

I am convinced that in a household of males mostly (DD is not around that much anymore) this is pure, unjustified bull-headedness to get me to do it because they are convinced that toilet paper is much more important to me than to them.

I have considered possibly not replacing the toilet paper for days and hiding all of the remaining rolls, entering the bathroom with TP in my pockets for personal my use, and promising to divulge the location of the rolls when they promise, on pain of blood shed, to engage in toilet paper replacement.

Faith

Hmmmmmm . . .:001_rolleyes:

I am sure that, somewhere, there is a quantum rule that only one toilet paper roll changer can exist in one household at a time. More than one per household would cause a spatial anomaly.

Lucky you.... you're it. :D

Faith

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA :rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:

Love it!!! I am the roll-changer here. DD tries, but she's only 5 and just can't quite do it yet. DS and DH have no such excuse, though I have noticed that if a CAT shreds a roll, DH will magically develop the ability to change it because he can't stand a shredded roll and will toss the entire roll rather than just the 10 layers the cat has eaten through. :confused:

I always thought that being able to change the TP roll was something of a super power because so few people were able to do it. Of course it's a bummer that of all the cool super powers (x-ray vision, flying, super strength) I got THE AMAZING ABILITY TO CHANGE THE EMPTY TP ROLL. I'd have rather been able to fly.

Yes, I seem to be the only one too even though I am the only one who has arthritis in my fingers.

And all that TP-roll-changing is exactly why you have arthritis in your fingers! This is the fate that awaits the OP and, it would appear, most of the rest of us. For the sake of our knuckles, ladies, train your families to take their turns at changing the roll!

Terri

That European holder looks great! I may have to check into that one!

And I love, love, love the quantum singularity comment. I'll chuckle about that one as I make my rounds to bathrooms, straining my arthritic fingers to reload tp for the day!

I always thought that being able to change the TP roll was something of a super power because so few people were able to do it. Of course it's a bummer that of all the cool super powers (x-ray vision, flying, super strength) I got THE AMAZING ABILITY TO CHANGE THE EMPTY TP ROLL. I'd have rather been able to fly.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

a European toilet paper holder.

The pitfall there, though, is that little kids (or maybe dh's?) think it's a handle, like maybe you need a little safety-bar-pull-up off the pot. Breaks that sucker right off.

Also, over-zealous spinning of the roll makes it go towards the open end.

Around our house, everyone thinks the spring-loader is really a shelf that the TP should sit on until mom gets annoyed and loads it.

Can I be your faithful sidekick? I do have qualifications: I am the only one in my house with the ability to empty the toaster's crumb tray.

I solved the issue in our last house by purchasing a European toilet paper holder. In our new house we have the traditional one, but it will soon get upgraded. No one balks about the European holder. No springs to fly across the floor, no aligning of the holder. It's easy-peasy.

I'm still the only person who loads it up. In three bathrooms. One of which I don't normally use.

Laura

My dh and I both change it in our bathroom, but neither of our dds will change it in theirs.

I remember over 30 years ago, when I was home from college, I changed the toilet paper. The next time she came out of the bathroom my mom announced in an astounded voice that I was "now an adult" because I changed the toilet paper roll!

Mary