Menu

Time 4 Learning questions

cyndyinohio

This looks like something that would be great for me right now.

I don't know much about this...how much time everyday do the lesson plans take? I suppose it would be different depending on the grade. Do they keep a gradebook or whatnot so you can see what your child has been doing?

Could someone who has used this tell me more about it???

Thanks!!!!!!

Time will depend on the grade and how long your school year is.

There are reports that tell you if they passed and/or grades. You can easily print them out.

There are also additional worksheets that can be printed. We used T4L in 5th grade, so we could print out math, and some social studies/science.

He, for the most part, liked the program but got sick of everything being on the computer. He wished for a textbook once in a while - go figure;)

We did this for my ds when he was early elementary and I had a preemie with lots of needs. The lesson length depends on the subject and the level. Some were longer than others. There is a place for parents to log in and check progress. For my ds I found I needed to do it almost daily so I could make certain he repeated lessons he didn't pass. His didn't automatically repeat failed lessons and he didn't know how to do it. For my records I would print out the page that showed what was taught and how he did each week. I loved it for reading reinforcement, but not so much for other subjects. Science and Social studies at his level were a bunch of mini lessons that were not necessarily connected to the others. Math is hard to do all on screen.

I've used it with my oldest one when I've had young babies just to make sure she was doing something once in awhile, but we only used the LA and Math (loosely). She loved it and found it to be fun. It was pretty easy for her at grade level, but you can always move up or down grade levels if you want to by subject. I've heard that some people use it and are happy with it as a stand-alone program, but I personally would never do that long term as I don't think it's enough. However, for a temporary fix or some extra fun, I think it's a good option for some kids. My oldest doesn't use it anymore at all.

I'm currently using the language arts with my 5 year old as she really enjoys it. She is doing the 1st grade reading, which we do together. I don't leave her to herself as the whole purpose for me is to work on her reading skills, and she's at a place where my input/presence is important. We also use many other things for reading/phonics as well depending upon what kind of mood we're in for the day. :tongue_smilie: Again, I see it as a supplement, not as a stand alone program.

I've used it with my oldest one when I've had young babies just to make sure she was doing something once in awhile, but we only used the LA and Math (loosely). She loved it and found it to be fun. It was pretty easy for her at grade level, but you can always move up or down grade levels if you want to by subject. I've heard that some people use it and are happy with it as a stand-alone program, but I personally would never do that long term as I don't think it's enough. However, for a temporary fix or some extra fun, I think it's a good option for some kids. My oldest doesn't use it anymore at all.

I'm currently using the language arts with my 5 year old as she really enjoys it. She is doing the 1st grade reading, which we do together. I don't leave her to herself as the whole purpose for me is to work on her reading skills, and she's at a place where my input/presence is important. We also use many other things for reading/phonics as well depending upon what kind of mood we're in for the day. :tongue_smilie: Again, I see it as a supplement, not as a stand alone program.

:iagree: My oldest is 9 and we used it for her a few years ago when my dad was dying and we were consumed with all that entails. We mainly used it for math and LA.

I'm using it as a supplement for my almost 6 year old right now. She only does the phonics (1st grade, which I love) and very occasionally a math lesson (which is just okay). We also use Phonics Pathways and lots of manipulatives, Starfall.com, etc.

I like T4L as a supplement or to just get through a rough period, but not as a stand-alone in general.