Menu

arghhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

Math is the problem with dd 10. She's starting MUS Gamma and she's already listened to the DVD lesson twice and still can't remember what it said.

DS 7 is flipping out because he wants to start MUS Gamma too and refuses to do anything but handwriting.

DD 11 is a gem. She was up at 7 a.m. diligently working on her MFW R&R schedule.

The posse (ds 5, dd 3 and ds 1) is running fast and furious leaving a wake of clutter behind them, demanding snacks, and lunch.

Our kids had a whole three weeks off! Nice, long vacation.

Ds (10.5) hopped out of bed by 8:00 a.m., didn't eat any breakfast, and churned out all of his schoolwork (eight subjects) and his math was "heady", by 10:30. He's off playing.

Ds (12) got up at 10:00 a.m. (I decided that I'd let the reluctant beasts sleep as late as they liked and then do work through the afternoon and if necessary, into the evening which I don't like but thought might tame the savages lurking in their souls.) He has completed Logic, Spelling, and Latin and is now onto Math. He has also asked to do double in every subject from now on because he really wants to start attending the Wednesday night Youth worship service at church and we don't allow that untl 8th grade. So, I kissed him on the cheek (he's my cuddly one) and told him that he could do as much schoolwork as his heart desired.

Mamma was on a roll and then, watching the clock tick and realizing that the almost 14 year old eighth grader would probably fein sleep all day in an attempt to get through a Monday in a semi-conscience state, decided at 11:00 a.m. to wake the monster. OH MY WORD!!!!!! My new mantra is, "I WILL NOT EAT THIS CHILD, I WILL NOT EAT THIS CHILD, I WILL NOT EAT THIS CHILD!"

I have cursed him with the mother's curse. "THOU SHALT SOMEDAY HAVE A CHILD EXACTLY LIKE YOU SO THAT I CAN LAUGH AT THE TROUBLE YOU ARE HAVING!!!!!" Seriously, I also hope it's a girl that acts like him so she can get her monthly fairy and just rip his face off....I'm going to feed her lots of sugar too!

You know what they say, that which doesn't kill you makes you stronger! Well, if I survive teaching this ogre Algebra, I can survive anything!!!

Faith

Yep. I'm having the same kind of day. It took two hours for Genevieve to write three sentences for her WWE. I didn't freak out because she was having a good attitude and writing in cursive (which is huge for her... she used to have a meltdown every time she had to practice). Besides, I was too busy dealing with Imogen flipping out over her WWE, which she was supposed to be done with an hour ago.

Must be something about math. My "I hate math" DD really hated it and everything else in the world this morning. Even my one kid that usually loves math and usually cracks down and gets his work done was in silent dripping tears (in his defense I don't think he feels great). Surprisingly enough, the one child that hates all subjects that requires writing down an answer and will drag school work out all day whipped it out quick this morning. He never finishes before his twin. Now we are just trying to get DD to quit staring at the gerbils and read her history and we will be done for the day.

10yo got up and went to work, sweet as can be--until we had to diagram a sentence and realized both our brains had turned to mush.

7yo has just gotten up (it is 9am!) and is growling at everyone. Maybe breakfast will help. She is going to be horrible today.

On the bright side, my husband has a job interview today, so everyone pray a lot!!

I see I'm not alone today. My son whined about getting out of bed and cried about having to do math. Two simple pages took him over 1.5 hours! He's been rude and whining all day.:glare: I guess we'll just have a longer day today. Maybe we'll take shorter breaks in the future! Two weeks off completely plus a week of a fun Christmas unit study is a little too long.

Well, I had the bright idea that as part of our composer study, I would start playing Tchaikovsky in the hallway outside my kids bedrooms at 7:00. They need to be up and working by 7:30. I played it rather loudly thinking they would be nice and alert by the time 7:30 rolled around. Nope. It didn't even wake either of them up. When I went to rouse them at 7:30, they were both still in a very deep sleep. I couldn't believe it!

On a positive note, I've been discussing the fact that school would be beginning today for a few days now, so it wasn't the shock that it's been in the past and I didn't have to put up with any weepy, angry attitudes. I spent a little extra time reviewing a couple of things in my son's math lesson that I thought he might have "forgotten" and he got his math done in record time with only one problem wrong. Yay!

Lisa

Glad it's not just my kids. :glare:

We were suppose to start at 9, but instead had to take a half hour to sort out bad attitudes. We always start with math ... ds just finished 20 minutes ago. Yep, it took him 2.5 hours!!! :banghead: He seriously had a mental lasp of ALL addition and subtraction facts! Hope the rest of the day goes better here and for all of you ladies too!

The chaos the poor public school teachers are dealing with today? 30 little buggers who don't want to end their winter breaks :tongue_smilie:

:lol: Yikes!

My poor nieces moved from CA to WI over break and they weren't enrolled. Today they got to watch the buses roll on by. My mother took them to the school to do paper work but my sister forgot to include birth certificates and immunization records.

Any one have a guess on how long it takes to get kids enrolled in ps?

Mine had a rough time, too-math, Spanish, and Greek especially.

I think it's just getting back into the routine-and the fact that the "new" hasn't worn off the Christmas presents yet (particularly since we only just got home on the 1st, and she didn't take her new lego sets with her).

I was really worried that my 12yo was going to have forgotten everything. We took off two weeks for Christmas, but she was miserably sick the week before Christmas, so she got very little done that week.

She actually did pretty well. Fortunately she did finally get to sleep last night around midnight and slept straight through to 8am. She hasn't been able to sleep more than 3 hours in a row lately and has had horrible sleep deprivation symptoms.

DD still had math practice for the first week of our 2 week break, so it didn't all fall out of her head. She slept late this morning, and while she was a bit cranky about chores (usually she does chores and some independent schoolwork while I'm at work in the mornings; today she woke up like 5 minutes before I got home) because I was here, we got through them and she was remarkably agreeable about schoolwork--100% because all her friends were in school again so she had nothing better to do.

I'm sure that will wear off and she'll find other reasons to complain soon enough. Today, though, was a blissful anomaly.